ncc74656 Posted June 29, 2018 Report Posted June 29, 2018 other than the peel and stick mat what do you guys use to "block" noise? a barrier so to speak on the doors? nothing, gutted
Markous Posted June 29, 2018 Report Posted June 29, 2018 I used 1/2" closed cell foam on the outer skin of my doors, never did a before and after test though kinda regret that so i could have seen how much of a difference it actually made. I also have two layers of 60 mil butyl on the inner door panel. '07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said: of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger. only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers
ncc74656 Posted June 29, 2018 Author Report Posted June 29, 2018 where do you get your foam? is it from stinger/dynamat/or some other bulk seller? nothing, gutted
ncc74656 Posted June 29, 2018 Author Report Posted June 29, 2018 just a quick search, im thinking about this: https://www.acoustimac.com/soundproofing-massloaded-vinyl-1lb50sf?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjtLZBRDLARIsAKT6fXxWudsgnIz_6zdeQiuVe4_UX70shKfAKEKInuprjoJ1ZgquNsFUBccaAouwEALw_wcB and this: https://www.joann.com/household-firm-foam-72x24-roll/13490230.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjtLZBRDLARIsAKT6fXzTHgZXzU6HdCDFcS7lUKQvjSsMgiM94_IlyHem2EasMS3MWDLWC6EaAjSoEALw_wcB paired together for the doors, nicnac areas, and roof... thoughts? nothing, gutted
Markous Posted June 29, 2018 Report Posted June 29, 2018 I bought mine from a retailer up here in Canada. '07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said: of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger. only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers
ncc74656 Posted June 29, 2018 Author Report Posted June 29, 2018 do the links i posted there look like what you have? i spent close to 500.00 on the MLV that is in my floor and i just dont want to spend ANOTHER 500 plus the peel and stick, foam insulation, stuffing materials, dual pained acoustic glass.... trying to save money where i can nothing, gutted
06RTCharger Posted June 29, 2018 Report Posted June 29, 2018 Second Skin makes great stuff. Thats the only brand i have experience with, and the customer service was on point, helped me all they could with shipping. I feel you on saving money. I only buy when theres sales, and try to order the "flat rate boxes" so shipping is free, being that i live in hawaii lol.
Second Skin Posted June 29, 2018 Report Posted June 29, 2018 Your next layer should be a barrier layer, no amount of Closed Cell Foam is going to block out the air borne noises like exhaust, tire noise, road noise, engine, turbo, and air noise. The only product that will block that out will be a Mass Loaded Vinyl like Luxury Liner or Luxury Liner Pro (CCF infused on MLV). Mass Loaded Vinyl is what does the majority of sound transmission blocking, the Closed Cell Foam just decouples two hard surfaces, and in the case of our very dense CCF infused onto our LLP, it adds a great thermal barrier also. Here is a link to the steps of sound insulation: Install Steps Here is a floor install review for images to help: Porsche Floor Install We are available Mon-Fri 9 am to 4 pm Arizona time to help you get the correct product for your project 1-800-679-8511 or you can email us at [email protected] any time. Just a heads up, we do have a Pre-4th of July Sale this weekend, details on image below. Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you. Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!
ncc74656 Posted June 30, 2018 Author Report Posted June 30, 2018 so 1/4" MLV would be a decent soultion in doors? and what woudl foam do then, just stop rattles of wires and such? nothing, gutted
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.