Wiring / fusing question

I would like to use circuit breakers instead of ANL fuses. My question is this (my crappy drawing) the correct way to wire / fuse this setup. 

Which size fuse should I put closer to the alternator as well? One with the combined total or?

Equipment:

Orion HCCA 8000.1D — recommended fuse is 700a

Power Acoustik 2600/4D — I cannot find a recommended fuse

Audison Bit One — I cannot find a recommended fuse for this either. 

Https://imgur.com/a/lTyRus8

OK why would you have a fuse from the alternator?

You should only need one at the main line 18in or less from the main battery, then you could have some fuses at the distribution block.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Always fuse for the wire. Unless you are fusing before an amp then I would run a fuse that is recommended for the amp. For example, my DC 2k recommends a 200 amp fuse but my wire is good for 300, and even with dual inputs I run each at 200 amps fuses. Is the battery in your picture the rear or front battery? 

What wire are you using? Is it CCA or OFC / copper? My OFC 1/0 has a rating of up to 350 amps but that is its limit so for safety you fuse lower so I fuse at 300.

Helpful link I always refer to is this; 

As long as you keep the factory wiring there you can just use your upgraded wiring 1/0 to the rear battery but I would fuse within a feet or two of the alternator and within a feet or two before you enter your rear battery. I use sky highs 1/0 so just buy 300 A fuses for them

@Joshdashef Thank you. So Just use 300a fuses for 1/0. What about the recommended 700a fuse for the Orion amplifier? Still use 300a because it is the wires limit? Also, would 300a circuit breakers work? I would like to use those for atleast the main wire from front to rear so I would be able to basically kill the power to the system quickly without having to removing a fuse or something.

I have heard bad things about circuit breakers as they generally die out within a few uses. I've never owned one so I can't vouch or bash them too hard. Just my 2 cents.

That amp is going to pull close to as many amps as it recommends. You are going to need probably two to three runs of 1/0 for that amp to be properly powered or you will be outputting no where close to rated power. If you go with two runs of 1/0 wire into that amp I would fuse each at 300 and you should be pretty alright. If you end up blowing a fuse you will either have to bump up to two 325 A fuses (don't know if they make them) or run a third 1/0 cable.

So in the end you want the total fuse rating to be close to the recommended but not over I'm pretty sure.

And as far as using a breaker up front you totally can, but I'm not sure about the point of using one from the alternator to the rear battery. This is because the rear battery will be hot and loaded with a 12v-13v source regardless, and so will your amps / etc unless they too have a circuit breaker. *However, the remote turn on will dictate whether your amps are turned on*

Are you running a high output alternator? 1 battery in the rear and nothing else for batteries? That's a ton of power to try to run off of stock alternator and 1 battery. 

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

If you are running a fuse from the alternator to the battery, that fuse needs to be the same amperage rating as the alternator, or slightly higher.  You should run a fuse to the alternator to prevent a disaster.  Seems like some folks dont but that may not be the wisest choice.  You'll be using a HO alternator so protect it with  proper fusing.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived