Newest Battery Technologies

5 hours ago, hispls said:

They are the YingLong brand.   I was looking into LTO and saw some fellas in Russia using these claiming very good results.  I bought mine through Shenzhen Baiguan Battery Co., Ltd  off of Alibaba.   I was very happy with service and communication and everything arrived as described.    As an update I think the guys at Wolfram organized the recent group buy of these cells also through that vendor.   

Nice we don't have very many places in the UK that sell lithium so will have a look i currently running 375ah of AGM batts on a SCV-6000d voltage is really stable but looking to upgrade over the winter also want to wire it down to .5 for comps and i only have a tiny hatchback so the weight saving would also help out.

IMG_2021.thumb.JPG.7c485909c3ff9d2386ec3

Working on getting my brother's Civic hooked up.  Not sure if the am is going to fit end to end between those hinges mounted vertical which was rather my plan, but I don't think he cares about trunk space here. 

I had run some wire from the trunk to the front with the intent of setting up a voltage display up there.  He never ordered one when we did the build and now that we finally got one I can't remember where I left the front end of it so I'll need to do some digging.

Hopefully I have time to wire this all up and mount the amps this weekend.   Winter is coming quick; short days and very soon to be uncomfortable temperatures for working outside.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Kyblack76 said:

Even with 6 big 4ks wired low,, we dont sweat it much. 

FB_IMG_1519565762937.thumb.jpg.a08abc461b57a6caeef0bee944e755c2.jpg

How many alternators?   Also the weight of that bank.  Ouch.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:30 PM, sTp said:

Nice we don't have very many places in the UK that sell lithium so will have a look i currently running 375ah of AGM batts on a SCV-6000d voltage is really stable but looking to upgrade over the winter also want to wire it down to .5 for comps and i only have a tiny hatchback so the weight saving would also help out.

You'll probably get smoked with taxes too, for now the tariff on batteries from China is only a few percent for us (though there's talk of 25-27%).    Then again, I reckon you're paying high just for AGM and everything else there. 

I'm really happy with these cells and it seems a lot of people are starting to order them.   We have already had a&title=Lithium%20Titanate%20(LTO)%20batt couple 30 degree mornings with no loss of performance.  So far so good. 

• 6 months later...

Any new info on the lto 2.3v or 2.4v 40ah cells? I found some for what seems like a descent price on Alibaba & Aliexpress for about $310/6 cells shipped. How are the cells? I've heard of b-grade cells and such. I also found some on Ev-Power, with up to a 4 year warranty for $28 for 6 cells I believe. I know these have built in low voltage cutoff, but my concern is how do I keep from overcharging them? I know about bms and such. But they usually are lower current right? I was wondering if I would need a relay or something in between alternator and cells. 

Well, I think I may have answered my question after thinking about cit a minute. Since an alternator only puts out what it needs to, then it should only charge the cells to the output voltage of the alternator,-13.8v,  or a little higher if I have variable voltage regulator. Please let me know if this is true.

Archived