Second Skin Audio

Help Tuning Box

Lofty

Building a box for 4 sundown E8's to go in the trunk to sit flush against the rear seats and port out the rear seat opening (ski pass).  The attached picture has a rough draft of the design it is a angled box with dimensions of 36"width x 14"tall x 16"top depth x 24"bottom depth. Volume of each sub camber (RED) is 1.344ft3 and port area (BLUE) is 1.5" wide with a area around 18.75 tuned to around 33-34 hz. Mainly just need to know what happens to that tuning once it reaches the center chamber (with the front of the subs) and out the ski pass.

2053970419_ScreenShot2018-07-24at12_46_40PM.thumb.jpg.fb9ad5e96df27af7e2e0e2ea1a979240.jpg

im no jeenyus here by any means, but im fairly confident that what you have designed here is whats known as a 6th order bandpass.  your port tuning of 33-34hz will be changed (or something will be changed) by the fact that the subs are firing into the port.  i hope one of the gurus can speak up and explain this better.  im super curious to know myself.

nice design btw, at least aesthetically, i think it's purdy.  i hope it works out for ya too!

Archived