Due to messing up my back and original 7year audio car died. I got me a 94 gmc sle ext cab stepside. Was stock with 5.7 and wrong transmission. Came with a cheap pioneer mechless radio and no name 4x6 in the dash....they didnt last long before i ripped them out.

VcwHVHK.jpg

Not long after getting it i started upgrading the crappy tattered wiring. Did a small big 3 with 4ga welding. Horrible pic

F1tDcYU.jpg

Then started upgrading the lights on it. Still havent built the custom headlights yet. Plans is retrofit mini h1s with probably a 40watt led cube on highbeam side for show

YUhAlh9.jpg

YOqNXS4.jpg

I then replaced the factory non working curtesy lights with leds

HefOaHW.jpg

Then i couldnt stand my factory charging voltage when ac was on so a quick trip to junk yard and napa fixed it and i replaced the gauge cluster lights out with leds too

5kxe2vd.jpg

Factory 02 tahoe 135a alt cost me 30$ over my stock 75a alt

HH5q5Bd.jpg

7rxbEey.jpg

pfOAewp.jpg

Lost pics of the ds18 components i got for the truck and the 20$ 6.5 bedlined boxes i bolted to my doors. Mainly 20$ for box and bolts or spend way more to glass. I went cheap at the time.

then i ditched the pioneer radio and got a kenwood kdc-x502 for the truck

uzVVErK.jpg

Then not long my old bass ride died and my new truck died after owning it for 4 months. Transmission got stuck in 3rd gear. So i ripped it out and found out it was the wrong transmission and got a fresh rebuilt correct trans and a new torque converter. Luckily was able to use the lift at my old workplace and did it all for 800$ just had to pay gas and food for my ex boss to drive 2 hrs one way to get a new trans

pTDvTkQ.jpg

vt8yuvv.jpg

O4ATprh.jpg

WK0AmZb.jpg

D0eDSx2.jpg

Then came time to fix my white chalkish hood. Got tired of white streaks on my lights whenever it rained

D0eDSx2.jpg

INHh5F6.jpg

TEZyoC5.jpg

RxAGnWX.jpg

bhWsak6.jpg

then came time to sound deaden the roof and back of the cab

3TgLyxy.jpg

eaRnbRw.jpg

then my boss gave me its first tramp stamp

AUU8TUu.jpg

And i was given free subs from a friend. Couldnt stand how quiet they were. And im not going to turn down free subs when ive been bumpless for almost a year

WBGoC0d.jpg

I then picked up a center console from an 02 suburban for the truck. Mainly for my arazona tea fits in these cup holders. And i moved my usb chager to inside the console so i dont have a bright blue light in my eyes at night

Lm7dER5.jpg

I then removed the old rusty bed rails and liner from the truck, will bed line it later

GadU2cQ.jpg

Just a little rust

TXUa9LJ.jpg

JQNP4Ah.jpg

Then swapped out the ds18 mids for my old rockford punch pros, the start of tearing down my old car and getting the truck louder, note the boxes now :p suckers hurt when your knee hits them

8SQylor.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I then put together a cheap sealed box for my free audiobahn dub series 12s. Wired at 2.66 bridged on a late 90s model kenwood 200watt 2 channel

DCk0IvJ.jpg

Then goodies pulled from my old build. Stinger 6000 series rcas, ct sounds universal bass knob, ds18 neo mids 4 total, rockford pro tweets, cadence dsp4.8, ds18 exl 1000.4 and a rockford t400-2

4huHtbG.jpg

ItxVU4Z.jpg

oOe6r9q.jpg

Then installed some of it in the truck. 400-2 on the rockford mids, a german audio 800.4 on the ds18 neo component tweets, wires from kenwood 2channel are left long so i can remove box and lift seat without unhooking them, and the cadence 4.8dsp running everything active

FDZzbwh.jpg

more tramp stamps for the truck

yVGSJ1T.jpg

Then a full throttle group 65 under the seat. Was the starter battery out of my old build. My last 4 big batts are currently in my boss’s tahoe as he needs them more then me and has the room

TEK8YJE.jpg

YctuteZ.jpg

and thats everything up till today, i got this truck only in February. And i love it. Whats not shown is somewhere along the way i replaced more factory wiring that was sketchy and replaced the battery for a yellow top....before you say anything i get them for 120 new with full warranty and my side post had ripped out from dropping my mechanical crimpers on the wires while fixing factory wiring. But it will be replaced one day. Currently working on adding a second 135a tahoe alt to the truck and saving for new subs. And building a center console box to house the subs and to give people in the backseat usable cup holders and an arm rest.

will get pics of the wiring under the hood tomorrow.

Thanks.

updates on the truck. Rear end is screwed so currently looking for a new to me rear end. And the german audio amp is screwing up so tomorrow ill be pulling it and installing the ds18 exl1000.4 on the mids and move the t400-2 on the tweets. Just got to remember to bring my laptop tomorrow for tuning the processor

The borrowed gm audio amp started going out last night for some reason so time for the big 4 channel to go back in.

my big boy ds18 exl 1000.4

GEm4r4d.jpg

rewiring and cleaning a little of the wiring up. Still ugly af

c2KekVc.jpg

ATPcSZu.jpg

PxBLFZQ.jpg

rEIdSZ6.jpg

And picked up my new rear end. Will be installing monday. Going to wash it tonight

b9vq25a.jpg

wiring will be super cleaned up once i figure out what direction im going with the system. At that point ill buy all new wires. Currently using what i have in scrap bin only. Though all is good wire all ofc

• 2 weeks later...

I'm digging this build! Ain't nothing like free gear!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Updates.

last week monday i swapped rear ends and 3 u joints in my truck. Only got one pic as too much work to wash hands for each pic

ABRKt0L.jpg

then over the weekend my ds18 silk tweets died so i threw in my old rockfords for a day......yeah sad they dont fit so picked up some massives today at work, need to go into the processor tomorrow and drop the output just a tad.

7ntyrUj.jpg

VNGC2Un.jpg

SnTOz0z.jpg

C5dX99B.jpg

ymnrzCQ.jpg

Before anyone gets mad at breaking the covers. Half the dash is gone. Its ok :p 

VPHvoDu.jpg

coming soon will be moving 2-4 of my old batteries into the truck for more capacity....daddy loves music at the beach

Had issues/scare with factory wiring getting messed up. So i ripped the 2 items that were connected to factory wiring and moved them to their own fuse block. Will rip into the truck later to figure out what caused the factory wiring to mess up.

first thing i needed to do was glue the latch back on my dash

AdLnXr4.jpg

27allGx.jpg

Decided to mount the block in the glove box, easy access and hidden

I4Ugq1C.jpg

64goIc2.jpg

zAMJ17j.jpg

all this was free as it was pulled from my old car. So far entire trucks build is at 400$ till i get new subs, amp, and alts. And ive yet to do motor work yet either

Not all pics working.  Posting so I can find later on home computer.  WHat I can see...HELL yea man get after it!!!!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

After alot of testing and research. I will be running 8 rockford pps4-8s and 4 massive ct4 tweets as hopefully the final door setup. I believe 1700rms will be plenty for the mids :) will also be soon throwing in 4 extra batteries and 2 runs of 1/0 and be getting ready for a second 135a alt just need a bracket first

Archived