DiBo Posted October 7, 2018 Report Posted October 7, 2018 I blew the sub output in my desk by touching the speaker ground to the amp positive while using the dd-1. Anyways, the front and rear channel are good but the subwoofer crossover is useless now obviously. The deck is good besides this. Best external subwoofer control? Suggestions?
DiBo Posted October 21, 2018 Author Report Posted October 21, 2018 Bump. I'd like to use this deck still.
slowfkncar Posted October 21, 2018 Report Posted October 21, 2018 Id probably just throw an rca bass knob off the rear channels & call it a day.
DiBo Posted October 22, 2018 Author Report Posted October 22, 2018 2 hours ago, slowfkncar said: Id probably just throw an rca bass knob off the rear channels & call it a day. I have a bass knob with the amp. Nice one too with voltage, temp, and clip and protect light etc. I need subwoofer control. Not voltage or gain control... Slope, crossover point, subwoofer off etc.
slowfkncar Posted October 28, 2018 Report Posted October 28, 2018 On 10/21/2018 at 2:02 PM, DiBo said: I have a bass knob with the amp. Nice one too with voltage, temp, and clip and protect light etc. I need subwoofer control. Not voltage or gain control... Slope, crossover point, subwoofer off etc. Damn that sucks, looks like you need an external active crossover or some type of dsp that can use rca inputs.
DiBo Posted October 29, 2018 Author Report Posted October 29, 2018 3 hours ago, slowfkncar said: Damn that sucks, looks like you need an external active crossover or some type of dsp that can use rca inputs. Dsp would be perfect I guess
White Lightning Posted October 29, 2018 Report Posted October 29, 2018 Not trying to make you spend money, but I would purchase a new head unit. Just saying. Having / knowing something that was "Broke" in my dash would drive me insane !!! Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
YukonXL04 Posted October 29, 2018 Report Posted October 29, 2018 Can you not use the amp crossover? If your looking for something more complex, I would change the radio as well 18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33 05 TL build log SOLD 04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed
DiBo Posted October 29, 2018 Author Report Posted October 29, 2018 1 hour ago, White Lightning said: Not trying to make you spend money, but I would purchase a new head unit. Just saying. Having / knowing something that was "Broke" in my dash would drive me insane !!! It does bother me knowing that something blew in the deck. Lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.