Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400-4 troubleshoot

RAGU408

Not sure what is going on with my amp but it all started when my alpine type s component speakers on the left side were both louder then the right side, I looked at both the gains an both looked to be out to be the same, so then I switched it to 2 channel mode and all of them started working even though speakers are not bridges? So now only my left back and right speakers work the other ones turn on every once in a while but then shut off. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with my amp?

Well have you tried the amp itself in another vehicle or out of the vehicle to see if it might be the amp itself? 

I myself had a RF Prime 500-1D be DOA when I bought it, so it could very well be the amp itself.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

• 11 months later...

The switch is for input not output 

Lots of people think they need to switch it to 2 channel mode to bridge, not the case at all 

The switch is there fir input. If using only 1 set of rca's (right and left) you put the switch to 2 channel mode and use front inputs on the amp and you will get 4 channel output

If using 2 sets of rca's (front left and right, rear left and right) you use 4 channel mode 

I’ve just realized that I was sent a PLC bass knob and not the PEQ knob for the older style Punch P400.4. 
So when I hooked it up it sounded like a slight burp in the 6.5’s that it’s being used to push. Then nothing at all I’ve since removed the knob, checked my RCA’s, voltage, EVERYTHING! The amp still turns on, no protection made, no thermal nothing.

Archived