Sonic Electronix

Air Space For Reverse Mount Sub

i wanna put a re 12'' sub model sr in my toyota x-tra cab , the truck has been body dropped ( traditionally ) so i need all the space to put my seat back and lean back , sooo , ifeel i can only afford to have my sub reverse mounted and was wondering if i made the box only 4.5 inches deep and the fact that is a outside dimension , i am gonna use 3/4'' mdf , so the depth of airspace wold be 3'' , is that enough space between front and back walls of the box ??? is there a minumium ,in that i can make it narrower without losing out put, btw , this is gonna be a sealed box with .75 air space, the subs basket and magnet will be between the seats , please , i need your guys expert advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Chances are you'll be fine. Roll with it and see how you like it if that's all you can do.

thank you for advice !! ithink i will , there are not that many shops around here that have the knowledge for these kind of setups , so im gonna do this my self !! :D

3" of depth is plenty.

yes !! thats what i wanted to hear , time to get busy in the garage !! thank you and everyone else for the time you guys spent to give me advice :D

Archived