rockford fosgate 3sixty.3 tuned file

Hi,

I'm running a 3 way front stage and a subwoofer in the trunk. Rockford 3sixty.3 processor.

Front Morel maximo ultra tweeter and audison voce 3.0 midragne on A-pillars, and maximo ultra 602 midbass at door stock location.

Subwoofer is Infinity Kappa 100.9w  10" subwoofer in a sealed box in the trunk. Amplifiers are Arc audio 1100.5 and pioneer 8604 4 channel amplifier.

The tweeter, midrange and suboofer is connected to the Arc audio amplifier and midbass to the pioneer.

i have done the basic tuning of the dsp, could achieve good front stage, but not happy with the overall output of the system.

Please anyone share a tuned file of rockford 360.3 processor. So I could try and use my TA setting in it.

should have some decent output here, enough to get that 10" kappa to blend nicely, nothing here is going to get dumb loud but should be enough to not be able to have a regular conversation with the volume up.

Which driver output are you not happy with? The midbass? Are you bridged? How did you prep your mounting location?

8 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

should have some decent output here, enough to get that 10" kappa to blend nicely, nothing here is going to get dumb loud but should be enough to not be able to have a regular conversation with the volume up.

Which driver output are you not happy with? The midbass? Are you bridged? How did you prep your mounting location?

I'm happy with the subwoofer output, but not with the midbass. Before going active was using Morel maximo ultra 602 with the pioneer amp using its crossover, the midbass was excellent.  Also the total out felt very pleasing to the ears. The pioneer was producing 100 RMS per channel. But after going active doesn't make my ears fully satisfied. But the centre imaging after using a dsp is really wonderful.

I'm running the speaker outs from the stock oem delphi headunit to the 360.3 and using all the 8 channel outputs of 360.3. Front 6 channels and rest two for the subwoofer.

The arc audio amplifier is 5 channel and pioneer is 4 channel, out of which 2 channels are left over. I have morel coaxials on the rear door, which I have not connected, as no more channels left on 360.3.

Also the crossover points I'm currently using are as follows.

Tweeters -- highpass at 5000hz

midrange- bandbass at 500hz and 5000hz

midbass -bandpass at 80hz and 500hz

subwoofer bandbass at 20hz and 80hz.

Is this the correct values.

Sounds like you have phasing issues along with crossover points and slope issues.

Tweeters should be set from 20,000 htz down to 2600 htz with a 12 db slope.

Midrange should be 180 degrees out of phase with the tweeters depending on install. Need more info for this ... Should be set from 2600 htz down to 180 htz.

Midbass set 180 htz down to 70 htz ... maybe down to 50 depending on application and tuning

sub bass, well you get this from here hopefully ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

5 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Midrange should be 180 degrees out of phase with the tweeters depending on install

Is there a quick and simple way to explain why the midrange should be out of phase? Or a link explaining it more so u dont have to explain too much. Just wondering. 

Without knowing specific install, no ... it’s not that easy Sir.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Back before processors, we had to work to achieve stage and image. Installation, always a problem. 

In most 2 way setups when the tweeter is farther away than normal, you can reverse polarity the tweeter to change the phase. If the driver’s are positioned decently, this will automatically raise up the stage and image. You just need to treat your dash to capture the image correctly. 

Just ad the op posted, sounded great with the passive, but when went to 3 way, and the shitty crossover points, things went to shit. Tuning needs to be done to correct everything. Phase will help with this if you know what you are doing. 

Main issue facing is the Bluetooth connectivity to 360.3. The connection keeps connecting and disconnecting many times and finally becomes stable till the car or Bluetooth is turned off. It creates a pop or mutes the sound from the source.

Any solution for this?.

Archived