Que Chevy Boy smartass comment.......3.....2.....1...

:rofl:

cant wait 2 see vid of this build looks like its going 2 be loud and possibly some http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

It's gonna be atleast 2 weeks before we get started on the box, but I will post build pics and vids as soon as we get it put together.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Dang! man that old box is crazy can't imagine the new and improved.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Nice box, although I think I read your gonna redo it. love the color on the truck, and the wheels look good to me. Keep going. It looks good.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Applejack,

He said he got that grille from KV Customs.

Brady,

Yeah, we kinda started on williams truck. I've got his box @ my house. I need to cut out the holes for the subs & put the port in it.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I didn't running @ 4 ohms. He was running CVR's. I didn't want to blow them apart. It sounded great @ 4 ohms with no power issues what so ever.

Also, the 220 amp alt actually idles @ 105 amps. 220 doens't mean anything sitting in a parking lot @ idle. If you are sitting in a parking lot @ idle & your alt is putting out 105 amps, how many amps do you think are actually going to your stereo system? 105? UMMMMMMM............Hell no! Your car uses about 60 amps to keep it's electrical system running. So if that S-10 is sitting in a parking lot @ idle with the system turned wide open, he would have 45 amps give or take dedicated to the stereo. To answer your question, , if you do the math, it's pretty easy.

Just use Ohms Law........ you do know ohms law, right?

Ohms law states that E (Volts) x I (Amps) = P (Watts)

So take E (Volts supplied to your system @ idle) 14.6 x I (Amps supplied to your stereo system) 45 = P (watts coming out of your amplifier) 657

That is roughly what a T1000 does @ 4 ohms. If you were to attempt to run this amp @ 1 ohm with this charging system, you would accomplish these 3 things in no particular order:

You would damage your battery

You would damage/possibly burn up your alternator

You would damage/overheat/possibly burn up your amplifier

I hope this answers your question.

im sorry but im confused on something? i was runnin my AB500.1 at 1 ohm which is 5000 rms, now i only had a 250 mechman alt(250 max 150 idle) and 3 powermaster D3100's. The lowest i ever saw my voltage drop was 13.6 volts and that was after about 15 mins straight full tilt...

btw i fed my CVR 12's a clean 500 rms and never blew them up... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

thats a pretty clean install.

how do you like them CVR's?

my buddy wants to put a p1000 on his 2 12's.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

im sorry but im confused on something? i was runnin my AB500.1 at 1 ohm which is 5000 rms, now i only had a 250 mechman alt(250 max 150 idle) and 3 powermaster D3100's. The lowest i ever saw my voltage drop was 13.6 volts and that was after about 15 mins straight full tilt...

btw i fed my CVR 12's a clean 500 rms and never blew them up... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

X2 I feed my cvrs a good 450-500 a piece daily for about a year now.. No issues

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Archived