Second Skin Audio

is my system on par?

BMS

anyway that is all the pics i could find that are under 600kb so they will upload. anyway pics arent the point i just want to know why my coils are hot after 3 min or at least i can smell them (never shot them with a temp gun) and if i should expect better performance from my equipment because maybe i didnt install it all the best way i could or maybe i just need better/or more to do highers for longer periods of time.

If you have no deadening I'd say you can still do better.

On the heating you may try setting your subsonic filter as high as you can that does not hit the performance you want, that is one thing to try, avoiding amplifying anything you don't need to.

Sounds like good scores to me. What vehicle is it?

If you wanna talk MIC'd scores, since you brought up scores, and asking how your doing, Where did you meter it? Kick, Dash, and is this sealed up? Door open?(all of this matters) All the divisions have all different rules, Like Db Drag, (its the division i kinda know,and a part of), The No Wall, super street class,  i know team sound check is around 167 mark. These are legal, sealed up (dash) scores. Im not hella familiar with IASCA, or USACI, but, they all put up hella numbers. This is just because you ask. Yes, these are burps, at a way higher freq. Sooooo, lets go to low end stuff.  Your putting up a ok LOW average, for PSYCLONE, but, your install, and more than likely RTA,..... sorry to say, you'd be crushed, ... overall point wise. 

(now i wait for the part for you to say "well, i dont compete"    .. but you posted MIC scores, and asked, so i posted that)

If your not competing,  and your happy with it, Kick ass, and congrats man...... and dont worry, or give a fuck about it. Just use the meter, to improve, show your weakness you can improve,... and not measure your cock mate. In the end, its YOUR install man. Fuck everyone else. 

Also, just because your not "clipping", or whatever,.... your drivers generate heat,... and running em, full rip, for lengthy period of time, "clippin" or not, will get them warm/hot. 

Its a COIL , .... most of what it does, is just flat out, produce heat.   

Archived