Second Skin Audio

requesting some knowledge on t lines

braeden

Hello, this is my first post on this site but ive always found this website very useful. 

I was wondering if someone could teach me some about transmission line enclosures

i have a single 15" skar evl 15 that i want to build a t line for. Its gonna be in my room so space isnt a problem. If anyone could shoot me some ideas that would  be great. Im aiming for it to be tuned about 30 hertz

For subwoofers T-lines aren't so different than ported boxes.  They are both resonant enclosures that can boost low frequency output below where it would naturally be rolling off if the sub were in a sealed enclosure.  How T-lines and ported boxes do that is different, but the results are very similar.  Both t-lines and ported boxes have their respective advantages and disadvantages, but if you think a T-line is going to transform your sub into something way beyond what it could do in a ported box, that's not going to happen.  

You said you will be using this sub in your room, how low do you want to be able to have good output?  How much power are you going to be running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

8 hours ago, braeden said:

im hoping to have decent output as low as 28 and im probably gonna be giving it around 1000 watts. 

Ok, so for what you want to do I would suggest a line area of 96 sq inches and a line length of 109 inches. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

On 3/4/2019 at 2:34 AM, Triticum Agricolam said:

Ok, so for what you want to do I would suggest a line area of 96 sq inches and a line length of 109 inches. 

This sounds spot on. i used a similar line area & length for my 15" T-line, under the guidance of Mr. Triticum Agricolam (God bless you sir), & it does exactly what i want ;)

Archived