Second Skin Audio

Box design for 2 zv5 12s

Artiflex

So this is my first post here but have been a long time member.  I have been inputting numbers between a lot of the box design programs and they all yield different results.  I cant seem to lock down any final results to go ahead and build my box.  Can anyone lend me a hand with a proper design?  I'd rather not build to my current "guesses" and have to change things later.  I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring sedan with a Js 300amp alt, big 4 upgrade, 1 run 1/0 front to back (+and -), 3 xs power xp3000s, 2 sundown zv5 12 d2's and a Ns 1 to power them.  My maximum trunk space is 36w x 15h x 36d.  I would like to go all 36 wide and 15 high, the depth does not matter.  Batts with be in the spare tire well.  Any help is appreciated.

Can't help you on a box design but i can suggest that one run of 1/0 probably won't be enough for a 6k amp. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Yes, I figured I would have to run another run or two.  I just put down what I currently have installed to better help with the design since I read that most people who request help here leave no details at all about their setup and nobody is able to help.  Thank you for the suggestion!

15Hx36Wx32d 1" material for additional structural integrity. 2x front baffle (.75 material 1½" thick).

Port) 12Tx6.75x30L 1.5" port thickness

.46 woofer displacement.

2 common port walls (center port) 1:1.78 ratio

5.17ft³ @ 32hz before bracing. I would brace top to bottom with the enclosure being 32" deep. The additional .17 cubes allows for this.

I prefer Baltic Birch but 1" mdf works and sounds good as well.  

Archived