Sundown Audio

Orion vs JL amps

KAPOACH

I have a pair of jbl gti 800 rms subs that i want to power. I was told the JL audio rd1500/1 would do the job. I started doing some research and came across the orion xtr 1500.1d.  I remember orion form way back in the 90's and heard they were sold to a korean company but are still real good amps. They retail on amazon for $245 and the jl retails for $629.  Why is the JL so much more expensive? Do the orions overheat or something that I am missing that cause such a huge price difference? 

There’s no vs threads allowed here but JL blows.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Orion is now owned by a Venezuelan businessman who owns MD audio based out of Florida. They're XTR and hcca amplifiers are in fact Korean made by the Zennon corporation and they are very decent amplifiers and they are all underrated ( besides the XTR-4000.1d). They all come with Tiffany style RCA's and the are rated to do their power at 12.6 volts. The xtr models are full bridge and shouldn't be wired down but the HCCA models can. The xtr models are nice because they have a lopsided power ratio. They do around 80% power at 2ohms to where most Korean amplifiers do around 55%-65% power at 2 ohms. They are great amplifiers for wiring at 1 ohm. Get yourself a new bass knob if you go Orion and feed the amplifier good electrical and you'll be good to go with that 1500.1dz. Great affordable Korean amplifiers. 

Archived