Jump to content

Crown Vic Budget Build 2x Sundown LCS


Recommended Posts

Posted
26 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Gonna need a bigger amp now those subs can handle 1k each allday.

Yup. Thats my plan. Another Soundqubed s1-1250. Going to try strapped and gain matched. Going to pick up a 200amp alternator also off the P71/cop car vic. Going to compete for the first time next month!

Posted

Received my 2nd Soundqubed S1-1250. I have them strapped right now, but may try gain Matching? Going to Droppin Hz Next week to get my gains set, so ill be good for Sundown Audio 2019. I really didn't want to rebuild my amp rack right now so i modified it to fit both Soundqubed S1-1250's. Still need to mount my 4-channel amp. I picked up a 4-way Fused Block today  - 1/0 in and 4-4ga out. Do you think i will be fine running all 3 amps on that? or to much current draw for 1/0?

Here is pics of my modified rack

9YPGejb.jpg

PEYEmwS.jpg

P5y5t0p.jpg

ouiKfXD.jpg

75dtflM.jpg

cLHmsSw.jpg

pCdtC0q.jpg

Posted

Put a fuse block in today and cleaned all the wiring up. Now I need to second skin my back wall/seat

P3Avrhb.jpg

pDqoG7m.jpg

 

Mirror feel off today

xAnhIdj.jpg

Posted

Adding to my system slowly. Added sound deadener to the rear. This sound deadener is a lot better than the Amazon Kilamat. Fixed all the chipped trim on the side of my car. Also made a bass knob to match my car with left over paint

I will post finished pictures tomorrow. It got dark

HSrpiYD.jpg

jQ6Xk6A.jpg

6uji14A.jpg

 

D3WXpOc.jpg

bxFtzUq.jpg

LFN23Eg.jpg

 

tWQiAyp.jpg

JnEwZc7.jpg

Posted

Put Tesa tape on all the wires. Finished up the back wall. Next is to clean up the wires in the back and carpet the  back side of the battery/amp rack. Then techflex all the wires and sleeve the big 3 under the hood.

spacer.png

phEchMv.jpg

4pgYxyi.jpg

tm1q6V1.jpg

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Its been a while since i updated this build log. The build has come a long way. Always upgrading now lol. I have added a Twisted Sounds 3.5k @.5 ohm, 4 Banks of XS Power Super Caps.

I won NSPL World Finals in my Class - Trunk Eliminator 0-24 which is awesome because it was only my 4th show. Only had a couple people that helped @shredder2 and a good old DMM.

Umj7TSq.jpg

nbONFNw.jpg

ZmFM5pB.jpg

v8RUQwl.jpg

r1NdhcO.jpg

I will post a picture of the banks soon

Posted

Awesome 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I only did one class Trunk Eliminator 0-24. 145.1 in the kick. Which is lower than my last show, but the heat in SC Sunday killed me. Going to be buying a Brand X alternator in the next 2 weeks. 

Edit. That's on a 30 second music run

Posted

I'd redo the enclosure for your power, 55in2 ain't enough port for a TS 3.5 at .5 for sure. Great #'s considering your setup (trunk, low port area and tuning).

Btw... I'm curious... what seems to be your peak frequency in that Vic?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14963 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...