Single DC Audio XL 15 2005 F250 Crew cab build

Heres my 2005 F250 Single DC Audio 15" Setup. All built, installed, tuned.... by me.😀

1 DC Audio XL 15" Dual 2ohm with AR surround upgrade.

1 Built by me enclosure.  3/4" birch, double baffle, tight bond II, screws, etc.  Herculiner coated.  Stainless terminal bolts.  5.5 cubes total.  3.16 cubes after port/displacement.  3.5x19x35 port tuned to 36hz.  21 sq inches per cubic foot port area.  Box designed by me and a couple buddies with Torres and BassBox Pro 6 and modeled in Fusion 360.

1 Twisted Sounds 2.8k amp with dual inputs.  Tuned with -7.5db 40hz test tone with an oscilloscope. 

1 320amp JS Alternator.  ALL 1/0awg 100% copper welding cable power and grounds.  8awg Sky High speaker wire.  ALL copper crimp ends done with a hammer crimper and heat shrink.

2 Autozone Duralast Platinum AGM Batteries 935CA 120 Reserve 68amp/hr each

NVX sound deadner

2 Sound Mechanix (Ebay) fuse blocks. 1 JL audio fuse block

1 Pioneer 7" Head Unit

1 Older Kenwood Echelon 4 channel amp for high/mids

ALL door speakers are JL audio mids in the doors and JL Tweets in the pillars

1 Audio Control Overdrive.  Sky High RCA's

1 Stinger volt meter

---------------------------------------------------

Sound deadener is in all the doors and behind the seat.  I replaced the original rear window that had a sliding middle window with a solid rear window.  28.00 bucks from a junkyard.  It was vibrating like crazy with the sliding window LOL.  I didnt have a good spot for the 2nd battery.  So i modified the center console to house the 2nd battery.  This is the 2nd box I built for the sub.  Gained .5dB with the new box I just built.  I have a SPL Lab mini bass meter.  I did 147.4dB on the windshield and 147.8dB in the kick.  All windows up, driver door open at 38hz. 🤪

How’s the enclosure mounted ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Damn our build is really similar! Im running roughly 4.5k watts but we did our enclosures similar, birch and herculiner looks sick, 147.8 wow, I should be doing atleast that as well once its done which is exciting, nice build.

Awesome craftsmanship on the box and stuff, I didnt do as good of a job lol rushed the painting part. 

NICE!!!!!!!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

7 hours ago, White Lightning said:

How’s the enclosure mounted ???

If you look at the Pic of the wood... Under the enclosure.  There are 5  holes drilled into that piece of wood.  I used 5 bolt/nuts with fender washers.  There used to be a flip down tray thing I removed for cargo under the seats and used the same bolts the tray was mounted to the seat frame with.  The port opening is where the top of the bolts are.  So just took a wrench in there and another under the wood.  Tighten.  Solid.  🙂

3 hours ago, TRAILBEAST said:

Damn our build is really similar! Im running roughly 4.5k watts but we did our enclosures similar, birch and herculiner looks sick, 147.8 wow, I should be doing atleast that as well once its done which is exciting, nice build.

Awesome craftsmanship on the box and stuff, I didnt do as good of a job lol rushed the painting part. 

Yah.  The herculiner is nice stuff.  Takes literally days to dry though.  And higher the humidity.  The faster it dries.  Yah that blew my mind when I read that.  30 bucks for a can at auto zone and it will ruffly do 2 Enclosures that size with 2 coats.  Appreciate the compliments.  My old box did a 147.3dB in the kick.  USACI at slamology last year.  The new box modeled 2.5dB more than the old box in Bass Box pro....but I only real world got half a dB more with my Spl Lab meter.  A gain is a gain though!!! My only regret is getting a dual 2ohm sub.  Should of got a dual 1ohm.  I bet even with a dual 1ohm... that amp, after impedance rise, wouldnt even be 1ohm.  🤑🤑🤑

Archived