Sign in to follow this  
Masterbasser

07 yukon xl, combining the trucks electrical system with audio side..

I Have been running my truck and lighting on the stock alternator and electrical system. I have 3 370 amp CES alternators running the audio side of the truck.  07 yukon xl 5.3

I have ordered a 270 amp CES alternator to go into the stock location and I want to combine the truck and audio side so they are not seperate anymore.

Has anyone done something similar and did you run into any issues? The stock alternator is controlled by the pcm and it shows 15.2 volts on the stock volt gauge in dash, at times it shows around 13.5 or so.

From what I have gathered in my searches The only issue i will have is bypassing the pcm and from what I see it only causes a battery light in the dash.

The final destination here is to run all 4 alternators on a adjustable external regulator that is setup to control all 4 alternators and have the ability to shut off each alternator individually...

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

5 hours ago, Masterbasser said:

I Have been running my truck and lighting on the stock alternator and electrical system. I have 3 370 amp CES alternators running the audio side of the truck.  07 yukon xl 5.3

I have ordered a 270 amp CES alternator to go into the stock location and I want to combine the truck and audio side so they are not seperate anymore.

Has anyone done something similar and did you run into any issues? The stock alternator is controlled by the pcm and it shows 15.2 volts on the stock volt gauge in dash, at times it shows around 13.5 or so.

From what I have gathered in my searches The only issue i will have is bypassing the pcm and from what I see it only causes a battery light in the dash.

The final destination here is to run all 4 alternators on a adjustable external regulator that is setup to control all 4 alternators and have the ability to shut off each alternator individually...

Keep them separate. Also 15.2 is high.  Do you have your truck side ground ran through the battery current sensor?   If you have a ground on any battery for the stock side it needs to be ran through the sensor or it will cause a high charge like you have now