Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm sorry, yes for setting the gain put the sub out to max also... that way it won't clip when everything is cranked all the way. My bad I don't know wtf I was thinking... ugh I blame having a tooth infection. (seriously. It's why I'm not at work. the pain is mind numbing) 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Casparado said:

I'm sorry, yes for setting the gain put the sub out to max also... that way it won't clip when everything is cranked all the way.

That makes sense! Thank ya sir! Learning has occurred today, time to tweak things.

Posted

I don’t want to read all this but you don’t set the sub level to zero the dd-1 manual says to turn it up last time I looked sub level at zero is 0 volts to the preamp outputs....  if all you are doing is finding preamp distortion and not high level .. t hen at head unit turn everything flat put sublevel to max play 1k and 40hz at front and rear preouts turn volume up till it distorts plug into sub preout do the same thing with the 40hz ..if numbers are different turn down the sub level until it matches front and rears  

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

I just happened across this. Most modern headunits dont just have 0-10 mine for example has -50 to +10 therefore 0 couldnt possibly be no signal to the RCAs? I think this question can only be answered by knowing the specifics of the particular head unit being used

Posted
1 hour ago, kurb said:

I just happened across this. Most modern headunits dont just have 0-10 mine for example has -50 to +10 therefore 0 couldnt possibly be no signal to the RCAs? I think this question can only be answered by knowing the specifics of the particular head unit being used

Well yes if it does that but even though max preout should  be around the max +   This is why when I set mine I max sub and go from there with determining max volume

Posted

how i set mine....

deck, just under clipping.  bass/treble flat. sub volume on deck, maxed.  xovers off.

then i turn amp up until i hit target voltage, so long as its not clipping

i use a 1k 0db tone for mids/highs.  40hz for sub

 

 

 

Alpine 9887, Oz 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1387 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...