Decided to go 2 way active!

AaronT

Ok so imagine 4   ¾" mdf spacers on that sub. Pretty tight to basket. Soo what I mean about cone not seeing much airspace because of basket diameter til spider landing.

There's like a very very small gap between the basket and spacers little less than ⅛ gap to let cone see enclosure volume

Lol. I was Soo hung up on factory look with sub being magnet in. I actually destroyed factory look with 3" of spacers and 99.5% sure choked of subs air supply with spacers.

The solution just hit me. INVERT THE FUCKER!

again I'm off, I get hung up on a certain thing and outside the box thinking goes to the wayside.

I don't mind talking to myself. Forum s kinda dead IMHO. I scan through threads wit members asking questions, one person asks an additional question and op answers then thread goes dead.

You'd think with all the like minded people here we'd "chop it up" more.

Anyway sub is making a weird chatter. When invert it it's deeper bass but very very noisy. It's getting sent back today.

1 minute ago, AaronT said:

I don't mind talking to myself. Forum s kinda dead IMHO. I scan through threads wit members asking questions, one person asks an additional question and op answers then thread goes dead.

You'd think with all the like minded people here we'd "chop it up" more.

Anyway sub is making a weird chatter. When invert it it's deeper bass but very very noisy. It's getting sent back today.

This forum is dead. That's one of the reasons why I'm hardly here. 

26 minutes ago, AaronT said:

It seems to attract alot of newbs who use it like a whore for one question then never return.

Once all the "I need a 4th or 6th order because youtube says its loud" shit was all over I stepped away.  

Yeah I hear that.

Most my life my systems were 1k-1500 watt rms subs in sealed enclosure. They did what they needed.

Then in my mid 20s i started playing with larger volume ported. If you can't find bass that suits you between them 2 then I dunno

3 hours ago, AaronT said:

It seems to attract alot of newbs who use it like a whore for one question then never return.

My son had a motor cycle accident last week. Had to have surgery on his knee. Car Audio hasn’t been on my mind lately. I missed my shot for World Finals. Now, I’ve got to replace broke motor mounts on the Avalanche before I can get back to my Audio projects. Got some updates for all of my threads, just can’t find the time.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Update.

T600-2 got scratchy out if no where in right channel. Switched up RCA from one side to other, switched speaker wires. The scratchy moved when switched speaker wires. This amp was bought new in 2008.so it definitely lasted,but now dead in right channel.

Got my new Rockford t400-4 Wednesday, the new t600-4 will be here Saturday. And I figured might as well switch out the older t1000-1 I'm using for the one not used yet still in wrapper (this one is a factory refurb with 2016 build date)

Got rid of the nvx v series rcas, replaced with KnuKonceptz kyrstal cable (3 sets of 5 meter 2 channel) these fucks were much more difficult to run than I expected. Very big bundle.

Had to use 2 sections of ½" hydrofarm black pvc sun resistant tubing split to protect the cables through the large holes I had to drill in the seat frame mounts to get to rear 

The nvx cables fit fine through 1/0 grommets. Not the knu. They needed 1 ⅓ inch holes.

The sd8 got to sundown today to get replaced. Honestly though, probably not going to use it  it's IMHO a stupid design. I'm searching Facebook SQ forums for a hertz ML 2000.3 8".

In the meantime I'm going to use a type r 8"

Also ordered 30 feet of knu ofc 4 awg to wire amp rack. 

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Update.

T600-2 got scratchy out if no where in right channel. Switched up RCA from one side to other, switched speaker wires. The scratchy moved when switched speaker wires. This amp was bought new in 2008.so it definitely lasted,but now dead in right channel.

Got my new Rockford t400-4 Wednesday, the new t600-4 will be here Saturday. And I figured might as well switch out the older t1000-1 I'm using for the one not used yet still in wrapper (this one is a factory refurb with 2016 build date)

Got rid of the nvx v series rcas, replaced with KnuKonceptz kyrstal cable (3 sets of 5 meter 2 channel) these fucks were much more difficult to run than I expected. Very big bundle.

Had to use 2 sections of ½" hydrofarm black pvc sun resistant tubing split to protect the cables through the large holes I had to drill in the seat frame mounts to get to rear 

The nvx cables fit fine through 1/0 grommets. Not the knu. They needed 1 ⅓ inch holes.

The sd8 got to sundown today to get replaced. Honestly though, probably not going to use it  it's IMHO a stupid design. I'm searching Facebook SQ forums for a hertz ML 2000.3 8".

In the meantime I'm going to use a type r 8"

Also ordered 30 feet of knu ofc 4 awg to wire amp rack. 

Are you open to other 8" sub choices?

Archived