Decided to go 2 way active!

AaronT

I bought it 2 years ago, installed it in my dad's car. Sold car. I took it out for my escape install.

It has 3 way active. Pioneer avh-x390bs

So I'm going to run my 2 sets of t2 components active  have a  channel t600-2 I'll run the 6.5s on at 2 ohms (left ran in parallel to left chan. Right parallel to right chsn)

Have a t400-4 should I run the tweeters same style in parallel with amp in 2 Chan mode, or all on own channel?

Also I'm assuming I'll run the amps in full pass and tweak at head unit?

Any ball park suggestions to crossover settings just to get me started? Was thinking 3k hp 18bd slope on tweeters, 80 hp 12db and 3k hp 18db on 6.5s.

Also the passives have bi-amp settings, which could be used, but thinking it's redunda8 and unnecessary?

Any suggestions appreciated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not do an 8, 4, and tweet and call it a day bro ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'm going edge-to-edge inside the door panels with 80 mil deadener and sealing the seams other than the drains with butyl rope these doors are going to be sealed and bricks. I want the best possible sound out of this.

But I don't know what you mean by 8 4 and tweets?

I think he's saying do a 3 way front stage but I believe you are only doing a 2 way front stage with a sub.

If you have the pioneer Auto EQ mic then it will adjust crossover points for you. I run active with my pioneer and I do not use any passive crossovers and no crossovers on the amps except for a subsonic on the sub amp since the pioneer doesn't have one in the deck.

I would run the tweeters on their own channels since you have a 4 channel to run them.

This is what I got.

2 sets of RF T2 6.5 components.

T600-2, T400-4 and T1000-1bdcp.

So he's suggesting a mid bass driver, mid-range driver and tweets?

I really don't want to add another driver to the mix, this so far has been very straight forward and well within my understanding and capability.

I have 0 woodworking tools and would have to pay for custom panels to be made to house a nother set of drivers 

But my x-over points I listed above, good starting point?

Also a sundown sd3-8. Sealed enclosure.

I did have the thought of tweeters being bright, maybe I'll order some speaker cloth to stick inside factory grills to knock em back s bit after I hear them without.

As far as my x-over set points,  good starting point?

I'll start with tweeter channels at 14 volts @ 4 ohm for 49 watts RMS. Just to be safe

Ok, I’m assuming that there will be a single 6.5” driver in each door ... hence being a 4 door vehicle ... correct ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived