Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I am having some trouble with some noise in my system. Currently, I am running a TWK-88 DSP to a Rockford Fosgate 4 Channel Amp to run my 2 way active system. I always get a low hissing noise and alternator whine through the speakers. I have tried unplugging the 2 sets of RCAs that go to the amp from the DSP and that makes the hissing and whine go away. So I know it's not the amp introducing noise. Another extremely weird thing I have run across is if I have only 2 of the 4 RCAs run to the amp, then I get a very loud hissing noise. I have also tried plugging the RCAs directly into the amp, and I still get noise into the speakers. So I am guessing the noise is coming from the RCAs. I am using Stinger 4000 series 6 channel RCAs. They are running opposite side of the car as the power wire, but next to two sets of speaker wires.

I am having trouble tracking down what part of the system is bringing the issue.

Any suggestions?

Could it be the head unit, or the RCAs, or a grounding issue, or...?

Posted

Okay. What should I look for? Currently, my amp is grounded to a seat bolt with the paint ground down. I get a 0.01 ohm reading between there and the battery ground. The DSP is run off the same power and ground as the head unit. Should I check that ground?

Posted

yes check that ground too but I would guess your speaker wires for your active setup are cheap or pinched or touching something it shouldnt

Posted
20 minutes ago, Gunnem said:

yes check that ground too but I would guess your speaker wires for your active setup are cheap or pinched or touching something it shouldnt

I have really good speaker wires. 14 Gauge OFC from Sky High.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've checked everything behind the dash. I've grounded the headunit to the chassis. I don't know what else to try. I am still getting the alternator whine through the speakers. Could the RCAs be picking up noise? Would it be worth trying a different set?

Posted

At this point, I am tempted to just run a ground wire from the battery to my distro block.

When I unplug the RCAs from the amp, nothing comes out of the speakers. Complete silence. Should I look at the RCAs then?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1483 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...