ctom3 Posted October 6, 2019 Report Posted October 6, 2019 I own a 2013 Ford Mustang with the Shaker 500 factory audio system. this comes with a factory amp in the drivers side kick panel. I have a sub and an amp I would absolutely LOVE to install in my car. The problem is that I have the factory head unit. i’ve been looking through forums and tutorials and the best way I think i’ve found is to use a LOC which I have ordered from kicker. Another problem i’m having is where to connect the LOC at; to the wires coming from the factory amp, the factory head unit or the factory trunk speakers. please help and if there’s any easier ways lmk. p.s. I don’t have the funds to purchase an aftermarket head unit. also the amp will only power the sub.
mothra Posted October 6, 2019 Report Posted October 6, 2019 just grab signal at the OEM amp. brown + and blue/brown - if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
slowfkncar Posted October 6, 2019 Report Posted October 6, 2019 Tap off the low level lines from the head unit.
Joshdashef Posted October 6, 2019 Report Posted October 6, 2019 If you will be placing the amp in a location besides the factory one then get your signal from the headunit. it will be easier whenever you decide to get an aftermarket headunit. SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.