Jump to content

Looking for some decent 5.25" speakers


Scotnemily

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am not sure yet, but I might need to change out my speakers after the new subs go in. I am stuck with not enough time to tackle making some kicks, or making a larger speaker work. Right now that means some 5.25" speakers to fit in the factory location. The car is set up with a 5.25 mid-bass/mid-range a 2" midrange driver, and a 1" tweeter in each front door. I am not sure if I am upgrading the 2" or 1" at this point in time. I am considering a coaxial, or just a good driver. I have considered CT sounds, Tang Band, Dayton, American Bass, ECT... I kind of was wanting to go with some Deaf bonce, but I didn't see anything in a 5.25" I am open to other brands as well. I would like to stay under $100, but since that probably won't get me what I want, I could probably go $300-$500 if it was going to be significantly better. I will possibly power these with my PPI A606. Not sure yet. Subs are gonna be getting around 3000 RMS. I wont have them playing load daily, but I wanted the option to turn it up when desired. 

Thanks

Posted

do a ct sounds meso 5.25" component set (currently on sale for $116 on their site).  i've personally had that set on 200rms to each side and they sounded amazing considering the price.  just make sure you set your gains properly, with a dd1

Posted

Thanks! Obviously I would like to keep the cost low as possible within reason and not sacrificing sound quality greatly. I guess what I am trying to say is I will spend the $116 if they are a decent set. I also wouldn’t have a real issue spending twice that if it gained me a substantial increase in sound. What I don’t want to do Is spend $300 and find out there is maybe to my ears a 10-20% increase in sound quality but I spend almost 3 times as much. I do already have a single tang band midrange from when I was considering doing this before. I stopped because I didn’t have a good way to replace the 2” midrange and 1” tweeter  while keeping the stock appearance Not with out spending more time then I had to throw at it. Like I said I am open. Thanks for the help!

Posted

Here is a pic of the door panels. It shows front and back. On the back side you can see the small midrange driver and small tweeter. 
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F174051315147

Posted

Yeah. I am even playing with the idea of a more extensive mod. I really enjoy doing that type of thing, I just don’t have time. I do have 2 extra door panels I could work with and then swap them out. I kind of wanted to take that open pocket area below the factory 5.25” and make a speaker pod. Maybe a pair of 6.5” mid bass and then use the 5.25” and the 2” more for midrange and vocals. But if I could just swap out the other speakers and be happy it would be a lot quicker.

Posted

I was thinking something like this. I don't know if I can find the time though, or if it would be necessary.

 

RVbQ4Mb.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1160 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...