Rockford fosgate T3 6.5" comps (t3652)

AaronT

The only thing im truly disappointed in is these don't come in 5". That means there is no way possible for me to get these to produce the 'best bass sound in the world'.

Hopefully the designers of the xovers are sending 63hz to these and nothing more

Well I just learned a shit ton about phase in regards to multiple crossovers in line

So I have my front and rear tweeters on a t400-4 

Have my front and rear 6.5s on t600-4

Deck set at 3.15khz 18db up for tweeters

Deck at 3.15khz 18db down lpf for 6.5s and 100hz 12db up for 6.5s hp

So I was playing around with the Amps just now. When I take the t600-4 and switch one (front or rear,) x over to hp and leave the other side on all pass the sound came alive. When I set both at same setting, whether or not hp or ap. They kinda get less "full" I can do either way and same result

As long as one set is set different the sound is full  and more dynamic  I can set front hp, rear ap or front ap and rear hp. I get the same result, rich full sound  as soon as both switches are set to hp or ap at the same time it gets very narrow sounding 

Same was happening on Tweeter Amp. One side different to the other, much better sound  it didn't matter what side was what, but as long as they were different they were more alive sounding.

The frequency on the amps were as follows during this switch flipping xperiment. T600-4 (6.5s) was set at 50hz (lowest setting) so when in hp it was 50hz up at 24db slope

The t400-4 (tweeters ) was set at 500hz (highest setting) so when in hp it was 500hz up at 24 db slope.

Us the crossover indeed affecting phase? It sure seems to be.

And now I see what the guys were telling me in my other thread a while ago in regards to staging being a nightmare with front and rear comps off active 2 way

Tonasty and lightning can you shed some light on the switch flipping and why it was as it was when I did this?

Two sets set up as follows

2 midwoofers front doors (1 each door) 2 in rear doors (1 each  door) ran off t600-4cbeing fed the mid set of rca's from active networking mode on pioneer deck. Front doors on front channels of amp and rear on rear channels.

Tweeters set up identicle ran by t400-4. Just the tweets up front are in sail panels and tweets in read doors nestled right above the midwoofer.

I think me is going to need a dsp to get this situated Without using the xover in amps as a phase switch (if that is indeed what I'm doing now) seems like I am. But the more I start to understand on a deeper leval, the more I realize I'm very far away from actually understanding.

When I would switch either front or rear channels of amp to all pass and leave other side to high pass there was almost a situation that sounded like they were canceling each other out when both front and rear were switched the same

Deck at 100hz up mid woofer high pass, 3.15khz low pass. Amp for those speakers for instance set at 50hz high pass (so deck is cutting it at 100hz high pass. should not be a difference in frequency the speakers sees for the most part)

So if I have front and rear channels both on full pass, then switch either front or rear to high pass at 50 hz up the sound becomes more full. It didn't matter what side was switched. I could switch front mids on all pass rear on high pass or vise versa, sounded much Fuller.

If I set both front and rear to high pass together or all pass together it seemed as if there was cancelation.

Try running just the fronts and see how that is.  

I'm not positive but tuning with a rear stage (in my opinion) can create problems unless obviously it's done correctly.  I cant tell you how to do that because I've never ran a rear stage 

Archived