Rockford fosgate T3 6.5" comps (t3652)

AaronT

Well I got 2 sets of t2 comps with t1 tweeters (fabric over aluminum) they sound friggin great to me.

But I just found a set of t3s for $400 shipped. They are 859 at online retail stores (Sonic, woofers, etc, etc) for over half off I just think I gotta get them things, even if I don't use them right away (yeah right. Lol)

Was going to buy one set for front and leave the rear doors with the t2 mids and t1 tweets as it is now.

So to you guys that use the t3s I'm going to assume being a neo woofer and fancy cone that they are a great step up for $400?

Opinions from users of the t3 please. And of course I would like to hear what tonasty and white lightning gotta say as well.

I have ran a set for 4+ yrs now with now issue. The woofer can take a lot power and sounds good doing it (T400-2, 150 watts rms X 2).   Twt doesn't need much power imo (75 watts rms) and is clean, crisp without hurting your ears.

I got mine off amazon for $365 a long time ago and at that price i will run them but not 700-800 dollars. They are not that good imo. But with any speaker,  install and tuning are more important than the speaker you are working with.

For that price go for it. Then research sound deadening and tuning to get the best results. good luck and give us a update.

spacer.png

First set up was in the door on 75 watts, some sound deadening. Sounded ok, was hoping for more.

spacer.png

Made kick panels to try them in. Not as good of sound as the door location. Loss to much mid-bass. I did gain having them aiming at the ears!

spacer.png

Next i threw them in the wife's car when i built her system. Sounded really good!

spacer.png

2012 GM speaker vs a RF T3 6.5" 

spacer.png

Panel sound deadened.

spacer.png

Finishing sound deadening for speaker install.

spacer.png

2012 Malibu rebuild. Almost done, i have some Second Skins Luxury Liner pro to finish off the process. I have a stock HU running these on 7 watts per ch and they sound amazing, Way deeper than i thought they could play. These will only be playing mid-bass full active off the T400-2. 

Back to deadening. I have close to 2K in deadening material in this build. I know... not everyone needs to go to that extreme. I hit every process along the way and this final one makes these T3 sound more like $700.  It takes money, research and a shit ton of hours in this hobby. I can't think of many other activities i like putting this much $ and time into. 

Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted to share my experiences.

My doors are deadened edge to edge inside and out I have quarter inch ABS feeling the three large gaps and they're also sound deadening over I have butyl rope sealing up all the scenes between the outer door skins and inner door skins like the mold where the welds are I went all out on deadening this vehicle I just found a good deal on these things in light switch him out for the t2 woofers that I have in there

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

My doors are deadened edge to edge inside and out I have quarter inch ABS feeling the three large gaps and they're also sound deadening over I have butyl rope sealing up all the scenes between the outer door skins and inner door skins like the mold where the welds are I went all out on deadening this vehicle I just found a good deal on these things in light switch him out for the t2 woofers that I have in there

Sounds like you know what your doing! buy them and report back!

I ran a t3 set, active with a 360.2 on a rf T1000.4ad. A chan to each driver.  They did me great. 

But, this was what, 5 years ago or something like that, and I didnt pay 400 for them then. Jeez they must hold value. I've ran 3 sets total (t3's) in my time. They were hella decent to my ears. 

9 hours ago, AaronT said:

Opinions from users of the t3 please. And of course I would like to hear what tonasty and white lightning gotta say as well.

Thank you Sir, But I'm just not too fond of Rockford Fosgate. But make no mistake, I have learned (the hard way at times) to respect Rockford Fosgate ...

For that price I say GO For It brother !!!

From the Specs I pulled up from Google, They seem like a VERY Nice Setup. Can't wait to see your Thoughts !!! I'm tuned in !!!

If they were mine ... I'd double up on amplifier power for maximum headroom than recommended ... Just my suggestion

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

28 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Thank you Sir, But I'm just not too fond of Rockford Fosgate. But make no mistake, I have learned (the hard way at times) to respect Rockford Fosgate ...

For that price I say GO For It brother !!!

From the Specs I pulled up from Google, They seem like a VERY Nice Setup. Can't wait to see your Thoughts !!! I'm tuned in !!!

If they were mine ... I'd double up on amplifier power for maximum headroom than recommended ... Just my suggestion

I second this. I've never liked rockford fosgate products except for the old punch amps from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. But at that price like randall said. Might as well. If you like how they sound then that's all that matters. 

Archived