Jump to content

Deh80prs - questions


Recommended Posts

Posted

So, I bought a new headunit cause my kenwood one fried. 

I noticed this deh80prs has an additional rca plug on the far left. The instruction says it's for audio input... the ones on the right is for audio output that goes to my subs and 2 sets of components. 

 

What's the left one for? 

 

In addition, I'm going to running everything with the dd+1 and cc-1. Is "loud" the only thing I need to turn off on this deck? Are there any other bassboost functions i dont know about? Also, can I set the lpf and hpd to "thru" and tune my settings from the amp? Or do you guys recommend using the deck's filter system? 

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

It's exactly what it says it is, an input, like from a DVD player. You'll want to turn off the internal amp. I assume you are using this is normal mode. You can only use pass through on the front and rear channels. You can not pass through the sub channel. 

Posted

Oh. It's for a DVD player. My 1999 camry doesn't come with one :(. I was hoping that was an extra rca output audio channel.

 

I just got done hooking everything up and this thing is not turning on. I've checked the fuses under my steering week and they're all good. I'm about to check some fuses under the hood. Is there any trick I'm missing on how to turn on the deh80prs?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Update: I took the radio atm fuse out from under the hood and had forgotten to put it back in lol. These past month I've been driving with no radio thinking my kenwood was blown :(.

thanks for all the help everyone! I will come back with more smd dd1+ cc1 tuning questions later :)

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Is there a way to update the firmware using my note 8? I dont have a laptop. Also, if I'm only using passive crossovers for my speakers, should I flip this unit into standard mode? The advanced network features seem unnecessary 

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Yep. I had to go into the dumpster digging out the box because I had the instruction manual in there :(

 

I've put everything into normal mode since I have passive crossovers. I normally use the HPF and LPF on the amps and tune them with the SMD CC-1 but this time I'm thinking about using the Deck's filters. Thoughts on this? Are there any real advantages of using the Amp's HPF and LPF besides trying to get exact oddball numbers for the HPF? I'm probably just going to do 125Hz HPF for the midbass and 80 or 100Hz for the LPF subs anyway... seems easier to just use the deck filters??

This deck doesn't seem to have a built in Sub sonic filter for the subs so I'll have to set that up with the SMD CC1 on the DC5K amp.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 969 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...