Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys. I have two 12" mmats pro cast subs & a mmats dhc1400.1 amp. I bought an o scope and am looking to safely set the gains on that amp in my daily driver. I mostly listen to hip hop so was told 40hz at -5db was safe and I'd get the most out of those subs without worrying about clipping while I'm driving and not paying attention. If that's the case, where can I find a clean test tone? All of the ones I find are 0db. I've always done 50hz @ 0db and a DMM. But trying to do it the right way with a scope... my subs don't hit very hard. 

Posted

Question... if I tune with my o scope 40hz -5db, what are the chances of clipping with songs at full clean volume? Also, what's the difference between 40 & 50hz and -3, -5, -7.5 & -10? Do you tune at different hz with different sized subs? Or is it by genre? If I tune at 40hz -5, it's am safer than -7.5 but not as safe as -3? And is 50hz less bass than 40hz? I've seen 40hz mentioned a lot through the years but 50hz mentioned in the DMM tuning method (which I've realized doesn't do much) 

Posted
5 hours ago, CrackFactory said:

It doesn't matter if you use 40 or 50hz. What matters is the DB. 0db is the safest but leaves a lot on the table. I wouldn't go past -10 DB.

So would you recommend I keep with the suggested -5 or go to -3 or -7.5?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1561 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...