Sonic Electronix

I have 4 speakers getting 100wrms each and they don't even touch my mom's, dad's, or grandparents' speakers in terms of loudness, or sq for that matter.....the speakers I am using are in my sig. Anyone know what might be wrong?

I tell you what, my brother has a 2005 silverado fully loaded with the bose system and factory amp. That son of a bitch is LOUD and CRYSTAL CLEAR. Loudness in clarity usually come with multiple quality speakers. Generally adding another set boosts everything up noticeably but clarity will most likely be based on the speaker.

For example. I was running all Pioneer Premier speakers on my eclipse EA4000 amp. 1 set of 6 1/2s and 2 sets of 6x9s. I sold the door speakers and got a lower end pioneer 3 way to replace them and I can immediately tell the difference between those and the Premier speakers in terms of clarity and quality of sound. ]

Just my 2 cents

well the infinity's are pretty dang good quality, but just don't touch on the loudness. and they barely move. I have just as many speakers as they do as well, except my mom's cuz she has harmon kardons with the mids and the mid bass.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Check your final ohm loads!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

well the infinity's are pretty dang good quality, but just don't touch on the loudness. and they barely move. I have just as many speakers as they do as well, except my mom's cuz she has harmon kardons with the mids and the mid bass.

my cones don't move either because i have the bass on my radio and amp turned down to them. they are just extremely loud on the mids and highs.

Are they hooked right up to your deck or are they going through a seperate amp?

Check your final ohm loads!

I have no way to....I think I'm going to bring it to the local shop (to have my alarm installation quoted) and see if that guy can figure it out...he's a cool guy...

I have the speakers run in paralled off a 2 channel amp which put's out 200wrms at 2 ohms. They are all 4 ohm speakers.

like so:

2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.gif

Edited by littleitaly1990

I have been curious about this when comparing different head units, as I know all of the factory high end head units have their own eq (hence the need for things like the JL cleansweep), and when you switch to an aftermarket head unit you are on your own in terms of eq, and also the voltage that you are driving your mid/highs amp with comes into play.

I have a friend/ pro-installer with PT Cruiser, and he kept the factory nav head unit, and added aftermarket amps and speakers to it, and when he turns off his sub, the thing pounds midbass and crystal clear mids/highs, compared to my PT with an Alpine headunit, that is lacking midbass enough to where he is helping me go 3-ways up front.

What is the input voltage going to your mids/highs amp, could a line driver and/or an eq help? You've already got good speakers and amp. Just a thought.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

how can I check input voltage?

also everything on the eq allows you to lower the volume of something, but nothing let's you raise it.

if there is a way to raise the volume of something on the head unit, I can't figure it out.

Edited by littleitaly1990

go out and play with it, if you have subs, turn em off.. set your deck volume to your cruising level and than go play with your gains, WATCH THE CLIPPING, play with the freq fo ur midbass, you can get em louder.. just play with em; show em whos boss :D

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg