Sonic Electronix

So I have a 2018 Toyota Corolla, I got some speakers installed and the guys cut the speakers wire from the OEM harness really close to the plug which i knew wasn't right, after a few weeks my speakers started clipping, that same shop said that the channels on the stock radio were fried and that I had to buy  a new radio. that same shop refused to fix the cut wiring harness as now I cant put the OEM radio back when I want to sell the car. I took my car to a different shop to get a aftermarket radio so I can have apple car play, i am running RCA's to the amp and everything works fine now. Any tips on what I can do to fix the radio wiring harness? Maybe re-pin the wires that are cut?

Yes, you can fix the wires/connector. You will have to do some searching to make sure you get the right pins or sockets (whichever it is), but it's an easy fix as long as you have the right parts. I've used these two companies before.

https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Pin-Socket-Connectors/_/N-ay0mm

https://deutschconnectorstore.com/

Happy hunting

If you had a standard radio you should be able to get a BHO1761 from best kits to repair it. Just look up a pic and see if it look right.

They shouldn't have cut your wires, they sell harnesses for a reason. Shops like that give us all a bad reputation, if you need to destroy a car you should make the customer aware of it beforehand. Sorry bud. 

• 4 weeks later...

metra online sells reverse harnesses which would work for you, part number is 71-1761. You would have to match the pins but its pretty simple, if that is the correct one. it should be, so that would plug back into the stock radio.

instagram.com/installsbypat

Archived