Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

will this 4ch amp work with my factory 18awg wire?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I already added a Sundown SA-10 with an 800w monoblock but I'm wanting to replace the factory speakers. I'm looking at the  Kicker CXA 360.4, it's an A/B that claims 90w x4 @2 ohm. I already have a set of 6.5" coax and 6.5" components I can use, they're both 2 ohm. This isn't meant to be a big build, I wasn't initially planning to add anything but the sub. 

 

Would I be better off getting a set of 4 ohm speakers and/or a smaller amp? I know I should run new wire but I want to just get the most use out of what's there if it won't be a safety/significant bottleneck.

Posted

No need to get a smaller amp I mean you're going to get more wattage out of that amp at 2 ohms anyway.

 

As far as speaker wire goes I'll put this into perspective the American bass HD 8 which is extremely underrated at 400 watts RMS in 800 peak comes with direct 14 gauge leads

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1874 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...