Second Skin Audio

American Bass VFL-8D4 opinions.

Scotnemily

Ok I’ll do it when I get home from work. They look identical but I didn’t take the boot off. It looks like the same sub with a different dust cap...

Ok I am home. Took some pictures. If there is a difference besides the dust caps and some zip ties for the direct leads in a slightly different spot, I am not seeing it.

TWpufG4.jpg

t8wl0ar.jpg

eaegOym.jpg

AkAkx8n.jpg

Ok well the story continues...  I got some replacements today. 4 replacements even though only 2 subs were the wrong ones. (still waiting to send the others back. Guess what.... They are the wrong ones too. :( BUT there is a catch! They are the wrong ones in about the best way possible.... Are you ready for this? 

OotglEw.jpg

3O6CQYs.jpg

So now I have 4 of these guys.... 

BTW My dining room is starting to look like a car audio stock room (not that that is a bad thing). 8 boxes of subs and 2 amps... Finally got the return forms last night on the amps now I have to get those in the mail ASAP!

Yeah I have spent about $309 and right now have 4 of the new black VFL comp 8” 

3 of the yellow VFL 8” two of the yellow American Bass same as the VFL, and one xd-8. But wait you say, you said you just got 4 replacements today and they are the new VFL comps. Where did the extra 2 come from? Well they were waiting for me when I got home. Some how I got the 2 replacements and the 4 replacements. Now I have to send all of the extras back or I will be charged twice. But at this point if I only keep 4 I can tell you which ones those will be...

8 minutes ago, Scotnemily said:

Yeah I have spent about $309 and right now have 4 of the new black VFL comp 8” 

3 of the yellow VFL 8” two of the yellow American Bass same as the VFL, and one xd-8. But wait you say, you said you just got 4 replacements today and they are the new VFL comps. Where did the extra 2 come from? Well they were waiting for me when I got home. Some how I got the 2 replacements and the 4 replacements. Now I have to send all of the extras back or I will be charged twice. But at this point if I only keep 4 I can tell you which ones those will be...

that's the deal of the year and it's only february.  nice score!

Just got off the phone, they definitely want them back. They are also looking into why I am not getting the correct item. I maybe could have asked to keep them, but that isn’t my way. If they offer I will except, otherwise I didn’t ask for a hand out.

Archived