Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer randomly stopped working

Dakotalee

I have a 12” pioneer TSW126M subwoofer And randomly stopped working when playing music I checked all fuses and wires and nothing seems out of the ordinary the amps not in protection mode and is still getting power because the green light is still solid the amps rated at 2000 watts and the sub is 1300 watts max and 300 rms with the gain only at 1/3 of the way any ideas? 

hey man check that the speaker wires are still hooked up inside & outside the box,

also check the pig tails one could have snapped if all that is fine check if there is signal gong into the amp if you are running more than one amp and the other is playing fine change the RCA over and see if anything comes through,

just check i don't have much back ground for your install if you plug the RCA going into your mono into your 4 channel you ll be sending low frequencies to your doors. Tweeters don't like that so be careful, if the other RCA works fine i would plug them back in in place and swap the RCA's on the deck to check the RCA going to your head unit 

11 hours ago, Dakotalee said:

I have a 12” pioneer TSW126M subwoofer And randomly stopped working when playing music I checked all fuses and wires and nothing seems out of the ordinary the amps not in protection mode and is still getting power because the green light is still solid the amps rated at 2000 watts and the sub is 1300 watts max and 300 rms with the gain only at 1/3 of the way any ideas? 

Yes, start your own thread

8 hours ago, Agent 815 said:

hey man check that the speaker wires are still hooked up inside & outside the box,

also check the pig tails one could have snapped if all that is fine check if there is signal gong into the amp if you are running more than one amp and the other is playing fine change the RCA over and see if anything comes through,

just check i don't have much back ground for your install if you plug the RCA going into your mono into your 4 channel you ll be sending low frequencies to your doors. Tweeters don't like that so be careful, if the other RCA works fine i would plug them back in in place and swap the RCA's on the deck to check the RCA going to your head unit 

Ok thank you I’ll check the wires inside the box I’m going to see if I can hook the sub up to another amp and see if it works 

Just because the lights green doesn’t mean it’s putting out power.  

Try using a meter to test the out put, also test the sub wires unhooked and see if your getting an ohm read out.  

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

6 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

Just because the lights green doesn’t mean it’s putting out power.  

Try using a meter to test the out put, also test the sub wires unhooked and see if your getting an ohm read out.  

Exactly the green light only means it's not in protect. I had a lamp that would light up just fine but did not play it all turns out the output stage was blown.

14 hours ago, AaronT said:

Exactly the green light only means it's not in protect. I had a lamp that would light up just fine but did not play it all turns out the output stage was blown.

Same here.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived