quakecitystudio Posted October 6, 2008 Report Posted October 6, 2008 Out of curiosity, where are the ports located? Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer -------------- Deep Sector Boom...
ptcary Posted October 6, 2008 Author Report Posted October 6, 2008 Out of curiosity, where are the ports located? Same place as the hoopty, one slot port in each side. 38 hz tuned to Maxxsonics specs. My gut says I shoulda tried a larger port opening and deeper port for more volume, but Maxxsonics said it would not work. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
meade916 Posted October 6, 2008 Report Posted October 6, 2008 I really love the experience I gained, but I am pissed that people only care about how loud it will get and not about how good it sounds! The car has 3 layers of thick sound deadener throughout, it don't flex! I could have skipped the deadener and it would have made for some impressive video, but what is the point! hahah well you did a wall with 8 freakin' 12's, of COURSE people are gonna ask how loud it is. If your doing an SQ vehicle and you want people to be impressed with how good it sounds (only) then you could have easily achieved that with 1 12 deep in the back of the hatch somewhere also, nothing wrong with 38hz at all bro....below 40 is always good with me plus that thing can probably play rock VERY well! If you get the money later, double the power.....you dont need 1000 per sub but if they are underpowered now, get them what they want and then start drooling when you hear the difference between underpowered and properly powered. No matter what, your options are open because eventually you can always put almost any 12 in that box and add power later....so upgrading should be easy if thats how you feel in the future All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
redbaron80 Posted October 6, 2008 Report Posted October 6, 2008 by the way what does it hit? Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/
ptcary Posted October 6, 2008 Author Report Posted October 6, 2008 hahah well you did a wall with 8 freakin' 12's, of COURSE people are gonna ask how loud it is. If your doing an SQ vehicle and you want people to be impressed with how good it sounds (only) then you could have easily achieved that with 1 12 deep in the back of the hatch somewhere also, nothing wrong with 38hz at all bro....below 40 is always good with me plus that thing can probably play rock VERY well! If you get the money later, double the power.....you dont need 1000 per sub but if they are underpowered now, get them what they want and then start drooling when you hear the difference between underpowered and properly powered. No matter what, your options are open because eventually you can always put almost any 12 in that box and add power later....so upgrading should be easy if thats how you feel in the future Thanks Steve, I kinda expected people around here with all the experience installing- to kinda already know what 1100 watts sounds like on 8 12"s, at least in general. It's incredible on rock music, but it's not a real deep SPL car by any means. Subs are getting just under 1/2 the rated power, so yeah, lots of options. Upgraded alternator would have to come first. Sorry if I got a little upset, I just hate posting over and over that this is a low powered setup with no real intention of ever upgrading. I made sure I posted from the beginning exactly what amps and subs were being used. It's not an SQ car either by any means, luckily- it turned out really nice sounding with the new headunit and 7 band eq. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted October 6, 2008 Author Report Posted October 6, 2008 by the way what does it hit? No idea, never intended to meter it, and no Termlab anywhere around here. You competitors have a lot better accuracy in guessing this stuff than me. I would hope for 130, but who knows. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
littleitaly1990 Posted October 6, 2008 Report Posted October 6, 2008 Thanks Steve, I kinda expected people around here with all the experience installing- to kinda alreay know what 1100 watts sounds like on 8 12"s, at least in general. It's incredible on rock music, but it's not a real deep SPL car by any means. Subs are getting just under 1/2 the rated power, so yeah, lots of options. Upgraded alternator would have to come first. Sorry if I got a little upset, I just hate posting over and over that this is a low powered setup with no real intention of ever upgrading. I made sure I posted from the beginning exactly what amps and subs were being used. It's not an SQ car either by any means, it turned out really nice sounding with the new headunit and 7 band eq. its plain cool....doesn't that matter sometimes? A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.
ptcary Posted October 6, 2008 Author Report Posted October 6, 2008 its plain cool....doesn't that matter sometimes? To non-SPL people, it does, but to some I guess it's all about the number it puts up. Nothing wrong with that, but had I intended on an SPL number, I would not be using these subs or amps, and I would have had to pester Steve with a million more PM's to perfect this thing in my car. I built it for me, for personal enjoyment, because I flat out love music! I don't need all the extra space in the car and have had a few smaller walls before. This is just an incredible design by Steve, and everyone who sticks their head inside is just blown away by the idea. By all the confusion about the bandpass look of it, it seems that there is still alot of questions about it, that I'll leave up to Steve to answer. All I can say, is that it is trully the most unique look that I have ever come across in 15 years doing this, and I just had to have it! If I could do it all over again, sure there are some things that i could have tried differently, like the ports, but who knows. It is what it is and I love it! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
littleitaly1990 Posted October 6, 2008 Report Posted October 6, 2008 To non-SPL people, it does, but to some I guess it's all about the number it puts up. Nothing wrong with that, but had I intended on an SPL number, I would not be using these subs or amps, and I would have had to pester Steve with a million more PM's to perfect this thing in my car. I build it for me, for personal enjoyment, because I flat out love music! I don't need all the extra space in the car and have had a few smaller walls before. This is just an incredible design by Steve, and everyone who sticks their head inside is just blown away by the idea. By all the confusion about the bandpass look of it, it seems that there is still alot of questions about it, that I'll leave up to Steve to answer. All I can say, is that it is trully the most unique look that I have ever come across in 15 years doing this, and I just had to have it! If I could do it all over again, sure there are some things that i could have tried differently, like the ports, but who knows. It is what it is and I love it! sometimes they forget that not everyone has unlimited funds, resources, or even more, unlimited time. When you see 150s on a forum everyday you expect everyone to be a pro who can reach it with little power, but that isn't usually the case. That's why on my next build I'm doing hard work on the planning stage, but when I'm done building, if it's loud, it's loud, if not, hopefully it sounds good. A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.
caprice2low Posted October 6, 2008 Report Posted October 6, 2008 maybee i missed it but what was the poly fill for ?? MADHOPPER HYDRAULICS BURQUE,NM 2PUMPS 4DUMPS 6BATTS ARMS EXTENDED DAILY DRIVEN RAIN OR SHINE
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.