Twist Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 It looks great But I rather be a pro at being myself Than be an idiot trying to be somebody else
ptcary Posted December 13, 2008 Author Report Posted December 13, 2008 I had posted a few times about my search for an old Rockford Fosgate Omnifi DMP1. I had bought a used and modified one off of ebay a few weeks ago, and had been working on adding an external laptop USB hard drive to it because it did not come with it's 20 gig drive. For those that have not heard of these, they were kinda before the ipod and the only ones left are the phatnoise/kenwood ones, kinda pricey, but there seem to be some new old stock Omnifi's left around. Well last week I got lucky and won a brand new one on ebay for $55, won it at the last second unexpectedly. It arrived in the original box and everything was still wrapped in plastic! I finally got around to powering it up and setting up the hard drive today! Here are some pics, I painted the housing white and added the flames myself. I have only added about 50 songs to it, until I get the rest of my itunes library converted back to MP3. Temporarily mounted the controller on the console, until I can plan out how to fiberglass it into the dash below the headunit. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Noobtastic14 Posted December 13, 2008 Report Posted December 13, 2008 thats interesting! looks good dont forget to update when its on the dash -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
darrenk Posted December 13, 2008 Report Posted December 13, 2008 Looks good. Very detailed build. Unsure of how I missed this one Keep the updates coming 2003 Dodge Ram QC 4.7, 3/5 Drop, 22's, Kenwood Excelon x792, 6x9,and 6.5, Rockford 25 to Life Power 1000, RE MX 15, Stinger 1/0 and Big 3 all soldered, Interstate Megatron +, 160A Factory Alternator, MLA Module Build Pics
reinke Posted December 13, 2008 Report Posted December 13, 2008 good job on the cruiser man. ----reference's---- meade916
ptcary Posted January 3, 2009 Author Report Posted January 3, 2009 With the exception of some ongoing tuning needed due to the new seats, the stereo is basically done, so I am back to working on the rest of the car and added some details this week. I am anxiously awaiting the UPS guy to bring the new Viper 5900, Omega adapter, and some DEI sensors so I can get that going. Here is my show of appreciation for the man himself, Steve Meade! I had previously painted the top half of the rear of the wall black bedliner, to make it less visible from the outside of the car. I bought some white letters at the local hobby store, a pair of white LEDS and a switch from Autozone. They are powered off the dome light circuit and the switch can disable them as needed. Installed the LEDs and switch into the 3rd brake light housing. Pics through the tinted glass. A trip to the local BMW dealer for a new shark fin antenna, kinda-functional, just a cover for the satellite radio antenna. I even squeezed under the PT and cleaned my undercar lights! Hope you guys had a nice holiday! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Bills Posted January 3, 2009 Report Posted January 3, 2009 man, i love this lil thing. you did work. haha Bills KwB Team DC Audio Midwest captain
BJD3 Posted January 16, 2009 Report Posted January 16, 2009 Just finished reading through the entire thread. This thing is awesome. I love it. It may not be the most extreme thing on the site, but as for pulling everything together how you did, and more importantly, on a budget, is spectacular. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
ptcary Posted January 19, 2009 Author Report Posted January 19, 2009 The alarm is done! Viper 5900 via an Omega interface. I had to take it back to my friend/installer; he figured out a problem with the Omega interface wiring diagram, and got it all fixed for me. I added the radar sensor this morning and am happy with the zones (so far). PT is protected like a vault now! The factory alarm is still functional with the Viper and we added a second Viper 514N siren behind the dash, too. A few pics: ...and the radar sensor, 508D: PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
sounddesires Posted January 20, 2009 Report Posted January 20, 2009 Hey i jus bought 6 12inch hifonics... how do u like em??? hit me up [email protected] http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.