Neo_frog Posted February 10, 2009 Report Posted February 10, 2009 Damn man. Everything is lookin great! If I don't deploy this year, I'm expected to come down to Houston for job training and I'd love to check this out if you're close! This thread has given me more confidence to try modification in mine. I'd love to pick your brain about the PT some more too. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
CrashHole Posted February 10, 2009 Report Posted February 10, 2009 More power is always a good thing! No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit. 99 Tahoe: 2-10" MA Audio 4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers Total Amp Sony HU
ptcary Posted February 10, 2009 Author Report Posted February 10, 2009 I keep forgetting you're in austin, but you're not a longhorn I hope? Nope, I graduated from college in San Antonio at UIW. I'm not originally from Texas, just lived here for a long time. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted February 10, 2009 Author Report Posted February 10, 2009 Damn man. Everything is lookin great! If I don't deploy this year, I'm expected to come down to Houston for job training and I'd love to check this out if you're close! This thread has given me more confidence to try modification in mine. I'd love to pick your brain about the PT some more too. Neo, and Crash..... I am Northwest of Austin by about 25 miles towards Lake Travis, not sure if you guys would be close enough. I have lived here 5 years, but I don't go sight seeing in the city or anything, just don't do well in crowds. I bought my PT used back in 2005, and have been working on it ever since. I do all my own work unless it gets too complex, then it goes to a shop or dealership for certain things. Our local PT club fell apart, so I only know one buddy with a PT and stereo locally. I don't know very many prople that are into this stuff at this level anyway. I will always try to help with any PT questions that you have, but I am not a mechanic or anything. I have been doing the stereo thing for 15 years, but this is by far the biggest install I have ever done. I learned everything form SMD, and from a local buddy who used to compete and install professionally. You guys can join up over at www.ptcrew.com if you want a PT forum, but there are only a few stereo guys over there, its a performance forum mainly for the turbo PT guys. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
The Performer Posted February 10, 2009 Report Posted February 10, 2009 Don't feel bad dude, it's not you, it's all the longhorns that are weird. Austin has a reputation of being pretty different as it is. That's why I love my aggieland. CERTIFIED BITCHES!!! Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks' Click to see my build! Proud DC owner
ptcary Posted February 17, 2009 Author Report Posted February 17, 2009 Well, most of the hard work is done...nothing like a small teardown and re-wiring of everything! I got a chance to clean up a lot of wiring that was excess previously. I added some more sound deadener to the front floors, too. I kept the Crunch P900.4 for my mids/tweets. It runs 115x4 RMS, so no reason to upgrade yet other than I will eventually want a matching AQ 4 channel amp. Thanks to you guys advising me to go overkill on everything with my build, the basics were already there. I changed the two fuses on my 1/0 power line to 300amp each, and had to add a separate inline fuse holder and 200amp fuse leading from the rear batteries to the AQ2200D. I added a second Kinetik HC600 in the drivers rear footwell. Voltage still stays close to the factory 13.6 with no noticeable drop so far. Initial testing without setting the gain or filters and I am impressed, the sound is really clean with this amp, a definite audible difference in how smooth and controlled the bass is. The power is there, I just have to tune it. My wall is very solid and has no problems with the power at all. I still have to clean up some more wiring, there is a lot of extra stuff powered up back there in addition to the stereo, so hiding all that wiring is difficult for me. I still have to reconnect the Omnifi DMP1, my sub tunnel LED controller, and my alarm radar sensor power. I will get some new video of it after I get it tuned, this week sometime. This is where I thought I would be powerwise back in the beginning,but I got burned by the whole 'dynamic watts' thing, it's great to see these subs get close to their RMS rating now! If you guys have any advice on how I could make the 3-way passive crossover setup better looking, please post! Here is a pic of the suede covered cardstock panels for the console: Thanks for looking, that's all for now! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Eric B Posted February 17, 2009 Report Posted February 17, 2009 nice upgrade! youll love that amp, its great for the price 2007 Chevy HHR LT UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals 3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals
The Performer Posted February 17, 2009 Report Posted February 17, 2009 How about just a simple piece of mdf covered with matched carpet to mount the X-overs to with holes to run the wires and get them out of sight and cleaner? I say for under the seat like that just keep it simple. CERTIFIED BITCHES!!! Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks' Click to see my build! Proud DC owner
ptcary Posted February 17, 2009 Author Report Posted February 17, 2009 How about just a simple piece of mdf covered with matched carpet to mount the X-overs to with holes to run the wires and get them out of sight and cleaner? I say for under the seat like that just keep it simple. Thanks, I figure I am at the point that there is so much wiring back there that can not be cut to length (LED kit used tiny cable with 5 wires in it that I could not solder! ), that I might just have to zip tie everything and cover it with a carpeted beauty panel. I guess since the crossovers will be hidden by the seat, I will just mount them to a carpeted board and call it done! **I am loving this amp so far! I have the gains on my mids and highs amp up pretty high right now to keep up with it, but this morning on my way to work (40 min drive) I had the chance to hit it with all kinds of music, and it is VERY nice so far! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
IAMBUMP Posted February 17, 2009 Report Posted February 17, 2009 you have completely confused the hell out of me a few pages back when you said "IM PISSED!" but never told why? If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right??? __________________________________ Want: 2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS Comp Amp Undecided AA Havoc AQ 1200 knu wiring set scew lugs for all connections Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout --this goes under the seat. Have: Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer Check out my Toyota build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.