ptcary Posted April 4, 2009 Author Report Posted April 4, 2009 man this thing jus gets better an better... how much power are u running to the subs now? i was wonderin cause ive got a mtx ta81001 an was wonderin if u think this would b efficient? anyway great build man.... Thanks guys. The subs are now getting ~2200 watts rms. Seems like that MTX will be alright if you can show it 14.4v. I think it'll do 1500w @ 1ohm. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Neo_frog Posted April 4, 2009 Report Posted April 4, 2009 Glad to see you're still making things even better. Looks way better then mine man! Keep it up. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
ptcary Posted April 4, 2009 Author Report Posted April 4, 2009 Glad to see you're still making things even better. Looks way better then mine man! Keep it up. Thanks man! You ain't doin to bad yourself with the PT! I should be pretty much done when these last speakers and the third amp get wired up. I still have a long list of non-stereo things laying around my garage that need to get done, then next year I plan to get a second car so the PT can be my weekend/showcar. Here's a pic from this morning, sitting on some new VW wheels. My 18"s are a little rough for everyday commute so I got these for daily, will save the 18"s for the future. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Colin - STAPUFT Posted April 5, 2009 Report Posted April 5, 2009 You def. have some crazy voodoo or magic getting that much swag in your PT. -And keeping it clean at the same time! 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
ptcary Posted April 5, 2009 Author Report Posted April 5, 2009 You def. have some crazy voodoo or magic getting that much swag in your PT. -And keeping it clean at the same time! Haha, thanks, (thats quote-able!) I don't know about magic, but like John Candy said in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.........."I just go with the flow!" Here are some pics of the PT lowered with the H&R suspension. After we lowered it, the VW wheels were to high of an offset and the front tires rubbed the strut bases , so I had to switch back to my 18"s with a wider offset and no rubbing . PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted June 7, 2009 Author Report Posted June 7, 2009 Ok the build is done, so I'll move on to the "show off" part of this section. I finished getting the H&R suspension setup this past week with a 4 wheel alignment, camber kit for the front, and decided that the wheels needed a new look, too. I have had these 18"s for a few years now, the brushed lip on them had a few chips in the clear coat and was ready for a refinish. I used all Duplicolor products: sanded the lip, then self etching primer, graphite color wheel coating, then clear coat. They do sell the wheel paint in other colors, too. Added some red pinstriping, red colorlugs covers, and done! I like em, they look new again, and give the PT a slightly different look. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
MATTMAN24 Posted June 7, 2009 Report Posted June 7, 2009 nice accent with the wheels HIDS and projector headlights forsale http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99528-hid-projector-headlights-and-hid-kit-look/ 24's and Tires forsale http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/100286-24s-with-tires-for-sale-east-texas/
SQMonte Posted June 7, 2009 Report Posted June 7, 2009 I am pissed that people only care about how loud it will get and not about how good it sounds! The car has 3 layers of thick sound deadener throughout, it don't flex! I could have skipped the deadener and it would have made for some impressive video, but what is the point!No reason to be pissed bro, you just gotta consider the source. This board is mostly SPL freaks from what I've seen so it's only natural for them to say what they're saying. I think your system was very nicely executed, well thought out and as long as it puts a smile on your face who cares what anyone else thinks?Somebody had posted a video kinda flaunting how much the outside of their car was flexing and it baffled me, I don't understand how that's bragging rights. I much prefer systems like yours where you try to eliminate all that flex and external noise as much as possible. I know guys like Steve who's running what, 25k watts of power, not much you can do about flexing. I too do my own systems and have a build coming up soon on my Monte Carlo, I will document the build as I go and know for sure that i'm going to come under even more scrutiny than you have but at the end of the day it only matters what I think about it, not anyone else. Most of the builds i've seen here run circles around what i've done over the years and almost assuredly what i'm about to do as well, but I just hope to learn things from you guys while continuing to build better and better systems. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.