Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

2 alpine R series 12. (Newest gen)

 

Hey fellas  and felletes

 

I've got a beautifully expensive and clean 1500 rms going to these subs.

 

And I've got a very nice custum birch made ported enclosure for them. However as for specs,  I have no idea what it is besides being tuned to 34  htz.

( this box was purchased off FB and is not built for the subs)

 

 

So I've been introduced to other subs, and this isnt a comparison thread. But I am SERIEOUSLY  disappointed with these type Rs, they don't hit anything unless its certain songs!

 

My 15 in a prefab box sounds and performs so much better that I am very close to selling these type rs for quick $$

 

 

 

So my question... Is my box the problem here? Maybe the dude on FB was selling it cause it's a turd?

 

Or am I just too much of a serious bass head for type Rs??  I mean they get down, but only certain songs. Other songs im asking myself  "wtf do I have some crappy walmart duel subs or what".

Considering the reviews I see, and the power I'm feeding them..somethings off. 

 

That's how disappointed I am.

 

 

Any ideas?

 

 

Posted

I have no ruler or tape measure nearby...I live on a giant farm with all sorts of equipment and no way to measure something.  LOL, I got a 6 foot wrench though lmao, hell I could go find a normal wrench and measure it in that hahaha.

 

I'll get around to seeing what I can do for measurements though..hopefully pics help

20200331_141339.jpg

20200331_141325.jpg

20200331_141316.jpg

Posted

Type R's get down hard.

 

I'm going to guess the box is way out of spec. Probably built huge for some big old Chinese cookie cutter to hit max numbers, or at least try to hit max numbers.

 

 

Posted

Thanks man, that gives me hope. I figured bigger is usually better lol.

 

Stupid alpine website gives 0 information on box specs for these subs. They really don't give much information at all, quite disappointing.

Posted
On 3/31/2020 at 2:21 PM, AaronT said:

That box is way big for them

So you really think a different box will make a difference? I'm about to pull the trigger on an atrend that's made specifically for type Rs.

 

Yes I know its prefab, but these arnt my showpiece subs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1409 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...