Chuckster Posted April 13, 2020 Report Posted April 13, 2020 Been out of comps since 95 was a huge rockford guy from the 80s now building truck with 5 rockford T1 12s running at 1 ohm will have 370 amp alternatpr for sub amp and a second one for mids and highs will be a daily driver with periidic shows wanting 8000 watts and on a limited budget was looking at the sundown sfb 8000 any advice on a reliable quality amp yhat wont get me divorced lol would be greatly appreciated
1point21gigawatts Posted April 13, 2020 Report Posted April 13, 2020 That amp is about the best budget 8k I know of. There are taramps but I would run one of sundowns chinese amps before I would run Brazilian. But I do like Brazilian, but sundown is better for sure. That sfb 8k is a Chinese build, but a good one. American or Korean 8k builds will cost you well over $1000, some close to $2000. Sundown has a Korean built 8k, the salt-8, but it’s $2000. There are Korean and American built 7500s, but they are $1500 or more. “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
1point21gigawatts Posted April 13, 2020 Report Posted April 13, 2020 You can wire 5 dual 2 ohm subs in series to .8 ohms, parallel would be .2 ohms and 5 dual 4 ohm subs to 1.6 ohms and parallel would be .4 ohms. check this link out. https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374200-Dual-Voice-Coil-DVC-Wiring-Tutorial?mobile_site=true “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
1point21gigawatts Posted April 13, 2020 Report Posted April 13, 2020 On a “budget” 8k running at .8 ohms daily, the only choice is sundown. Brazilian can do it too, but I wouldn’t trust it as much as I trust sundown. It’s rare you ever hear somebody with a problem with a sundown amp, almost never. But you hear people with a problem with a Brazilian amp often. Not as much as you use to but still enough to worry a little bit. Go with the sundown sfb-8000d. No worries with sundown. “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
Chuckster Posted April 13, 2020 Author Report Posted April 13, 2020 Advice greatly appreciated thanks so much
Dale Posted May 8, 2020 Report Posted May 8, 2020 On 4/13/2020 at 10:52 AM, AaronT said: B2 audio riot I am also interested in this amp by B2. But I can’t find a review anywhere. Anyone has experience with this amp?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.