Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Would lows muffle out mids and highs


Recommended Posts

Posted

I’m running a zv5 15 on a saz 3500 and a sax 100.4 on 4 6.5” and 2 super tweeters with 2 of the 6.5”s through a passive crossover. Each door is see like 100-125 rms. My voltage is good. I’m thinking of getting another zv5 15 and running the subs on a sundown 8k. Would that be too much lows for the mids and highs and muffle them out on certain notes?? I have another option to just keep the one zv5 and put it on a salt-4 instead of the saz 3500. I need advice and opinions. Thanks abunch!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Posted

I probably have double up in mids and highs to run at 2ohm to feed 200-250 rms to each door if I wanna run 2 zv5s on an 8k. So, yeah... I’m probably just gonna go with the salt-4. I’m still cool with advice or options if anybody is tryin to throw any at me...

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Posted

And I’m thinking the salt-4 might push that zv5 to its mechanical limits because it puts out almost the same exact numbers as an Orion hcca5000.1dspl and I seen that amp making a zv5 12 on YouTube make mechanical noises because it was getting pushed to it limits and dude wasn’t no amateur so it wasn’t clipping. Both amps put out a little more than 6000 rms at 1ohm and a little more than 8000 rms at 0.8ohm. So idk. I might stay where I’m at and wait to double up on mids, highs and zv5s all at the same time.  

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Posted

I been loving the clip light on the salt 4 knob, I love how you can get max output up to clipping on each song by just watching it and adjusting according.  Was able to up the gain a small amount knowing I have that control.

♦ Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

♦ MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

♦ SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue)  +  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

♦ Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  +  SHCA Pro RCA 

 

Posted

It puts out 8000 rms at .8 ohms and that’s about where dual 2 ohm zv5s rest at and even after box rise its still is gonna be up there. Do y’all think it’s worth the risk? If I blow the subwoofer all I have to do is pay like $150-$200 and get a new one instead of a recone. If I pay for the recone and shipping if the shop doesn’t have one in stock then I get the subwoofer. Would y’all get the salt-4 to put on a zv5??

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 858 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...