battery voltage issues

But you can’t ground to that metal that’s welded around the wheel well. You see what I’m talking about? You have to ground to the ground of that trunk or the far side. Because from what I see, a lot of the pieces on them wheel wells are welded on. It’s important that you find a close spot that is the chassis. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

id stay away from grounding to the wheel well if anything if you can get to the shock bolt do it there a seat bolt with 2 runs of that cca would be better then the wheel wells. do you have a multi metter you can test the resistance at multi points of ground points

29 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

id stay away from grounding to the wheel well if anything if you can get to the shock bolt do it there a seat bolt with 2 runs of that cca would be better then the wheel wells. do you have a multi metter you can test the resistance at multi points of ground points

Most my stuff is grounded to seat bolts. Good spots. I drive an suv though where back seats are close to my batteries and amps. But don’t you think for it to reach from the front of the trunk to a seat bolt would be too long of a ground or am I reading something wrong? It’s hard to understand that first part of what you said because I think there’s typos or something. Could you please clarify?

the shock tower bolts if it has them would be a better ground then putting a hole in the wheel well and ground it there..  The ground can be 20 feet if grounded right with proper wire like  gauge of o.f.c ..... Hey O.P pm me

18 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

the shock tower bolts if it has them would be a better ground then putting a hole in the wheel well and ground it there..  The ground can be 20 feet if grounded right with proper wire like  gauge of o.f.c ..... Hey O.P pm me

Shorter the ground, the better. Everybody knows that. He can ground it to the floor of the trunk or somewhere in that trunk to the chassis. There’s plenty of spots. I wouldn’t dare ground it to that wheel well though nor would exceed 18” on a battery ground or amp ground.

24 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

depending the run its usually negligible.. but frame ground is best i missed what car he had though so probably a unibody anyways

He said he grounded it to the frame but from the picture it doesn’t look like the frame from the picture of the grounding point he posted. But I do agree that the wire can be a little longer if it’s ground hard to the frame. For sure. But not much longer. 

30 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

He said he grounded it to the frame but from the picture it doesn’t look like the frame from the picture of the grounding point he posted. But I do agree that the wire can be a little longer if it’s ground hard to the frame. For sure. But not much longer. 

my ground was like 4 feet had 0 issues depending on what i run now it will be to the front battery probably   but anyways.... and in my first install i posted on here pretty sure it was longer than that could be wrong though .....  

Archived