battery voltage issues

i noticed somthing with my rear battery for some reason it stays between 14v and 13.9v and my front battery is at a constent 14.32v  and i did do the big 3 upgrade andi did fix a bad ground issues on the rear battery currius if that caused the battery to be half dead and it needsto charge up again idk whatndo you all think

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, tomlintm said:

i noticed somthing with my rear battery for some reason it stays between 14v and 13.9v and my front battery is at a constent 14.32v  and i did do the big 3 upgrade andi did fix a bad ground issues on the rear battery currius if that caused the battery to be half dead and it needsto charge up again idk whatndo you all think

Disconnect the rear battery and read its rest voltage and go from there. Most likely you need to charge it. Charging is imperative. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

12 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Disconnect the rear battery and read its rest voltage and go from there. Most likely you need to charge it. Charging is imperative. 

is it bc i had a bad ground i also notice that it does groudualy increase in voltage after a bit of idleing and no music

1 hour ago, tomlintm said:

is it bc i had a bad ground i also notice that it does groudualy increase in voltage after a bit of idleing and no music

Possibly and caused discharge. Go disconnect your rear battery and charge it. 

How much current is going to your rear battery as you're measuring that voltage difference?

I was just thinking, a cell in that battery might have gone bad. Or maybe the battery is just discharged like shit. Either way, disconnect it and then go get a battery charger and charge it and find out if it just discharged or damaged. To be safe disconnect it ASAP until you diagnose the problem with that battery.

That's about a 2% drop from front to rear, 15ft of copper (not cca) 1/0 would need to pull 100A to hit that, its possible you have a bad connection,bad battery or insufficient/low quality wiring.  

If all batteries sit at 12.7v+, I would inspect the wiring from front to rear, if the drop is linear from front to rear, the cable simply can't handle your needs.

Hopefully its just a simple hot spot somewhere (bad crimp,fuse holder ect)

11 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

That's about a 2% drop from front to rear, 15ft of copper (not cca) 1/0 would need to pull 100A to hit that, its possible you have a bad connection,bad battery or insufficient/low quality wiring.  

If all batteries sit at 12.7v+, I would inspect the wiring from front to rear, if the drop is linear from front to rear, the cable simply can't handle your needs.

Hopefully its just a simple hot spot somewhere (bad crimp,fuse holder ect)

well all my wires are ofc but the one ground in the rear battery connecting it to the frame is cca would that be my problem

Archived