battery voltage issues

1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

my ground was like 4 feet had 0 issues depending on what i run now it will be to the front battery probably   but anyways.... and in my first install i posted on here pretty sure it was longer than that could be wrong though .....  

I’ve seen people get away with grounds that long as long as they are real good grounds. Like around 3 feet, some a little more. But OP has a 10 foot CCA ground and he thinks it’s on the frame but it’s not. It’s ideal to have an 18” or below and ofc is best of course. I told OP on pm that he could do 2 feet of an ofc ground and get away with it. He might be able to do a 3 or 4 foot ofc ground and get away with it if it grounded to the most ideal spot and hard. But the shorter, the better. We all know that. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

32 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

Thats a horrible ground spot. Jesus.

The trunk floor is part of the chassis. The seat bolt on the floor is part of the chassis too. The chassis is where the factory grounds batteries, it’s where we ground our amps. The chassis is fine to ground a battery too. That’s why the factory and plenty of us do it. People can waste length and go for the frame, but there’s no point because even though the metal is more hardy, the ground will be longer. So it evens out when you weigh the two together. So either one is fine. But most always go for a shorter ground. The 18” rule. 

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

The trunk floor is part of the chassis. The seat bolt on the floor is part of the chassis too. The chassis is where the factory grounds batteries, it’s where we ground our amps. The chassis is fine to ground a battery too. That’s why the factory and plenty of us do it. People can waste length and go for the frame, but there’s no point because even though the metal is more hardy, the ground will be longer. So it evens out when you weigh the two together. So either one is fine. But most always go for a shorter ground. The 18” rule. 

This isn’t always true but it is what it is 

6 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I meant his original ground. The one inside his tire well.

6 hours ago, tomlintm said:

better yet sandpaper a spot beside the belt mount point and make it its own grounding point for the gound wire

Post pictures of the spot your talking about before you proceed so we can see the spot and surrounding areas.  

Archived