Sonic Electronix

Hello guys, i want to do a series 6th order enclosure for my sundown U18, i just want to know if i start with the specs of the subwoofer, the sundown page says that i need 4.00 cu ft ported and 3.00 sealed, so my question is if i need to do the front chamber 4.00 cu ft and the rear 3.00 cu ft or i use the 4.00 cu ft for the rear chamber and i go bigger on the front, thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda sucks nobody answered you. Although I've built about 30 enclosures myself, I've still not done a 6th order. But if I were going to try, my best advice, would be to track down a pro box designer with a solid reputation, and give them the sub info and the details of your vehicle and space available. Id definitely pay someone like this to design it for me. Id then build it myself, and would be completely anal about nailing those plans spot on. Then, if during the build, something held me up from doing exactly what was recommended, Id get back to the designer, and ask him if that was okay, or did he need to tweak it.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:21 AM, BETBASS said:

Hello guys, i want to do a series 6th order enclosure for my sundown U18, i just want to know if i start with the specs of the subwoofer, the sundown page says that i need 4.00 cu ft ported and 3.00 sealed, so my question is if i need to do the front chamber 4.00 cu ft and the rear 3.00 cu ft or i use the 4.00 cu ft for the rear chamber and i go bigger on the front, thank you in advance.

You are far off from the concept and even further from a decent design. No sealed section in a 6th order enclosure. Do you want it to be parallel or series? I can help you. But I’m not gonna do too much on that because I don’t think somebody that doesn’t even know the concept of a 6th order enclosure should even think of designing one. Your best bet is to go on down4soundshop and pay $120 for a 6th order enclosure design. Because there’s a lot of calculating in getting a 6th order enclosure correct. It’s more than just picking 2 ported volumes and 2 frequency loads to tune them to. It’s a lot of calculations and running numbers and charts. It’s nerve racking and I’m not about to design it. Nobody here is gonna do that. Just click on the link and be done with it. No disrespect or bad blood intended. Much love dude!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.down4soundshop.com/amp/4-6th-order-bandpass-enclosure-designs-d4s/

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You are far off from the concept and even further from a decent design. No sealed section in a 6th order enclosure. Do you want it to be parallel or series? I can help you. But I’m not gonna do too much on that because I don’t think somebody that doesn’t even know the concept of a 6th order enclosure should even think of designing one. Your best bet is to go on down4soundshop and pay $120 for a 6th order enclosure design. Because there’s a lot of calculating in getting a 6th order enclosure correct. It’s more than just picking 2 ported volumes and 2 frequency loads to tune them to. It’s a lot of calculations and running numbers and charts. It’s nerve racking and I’m not about to design it. Nobody here is gonna do that. Just click on the link and be done with it. No disrespect or bad blood intended. Much love dude!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.down4soundshop.com/amp/4-6th-order-bandpass-enclosure-designs-d4s/

Wow, only $120 ? That is SO worth it. I'm totally going to keep that in mind for future builds. 

I also have another little bit of advice. Unless you own a shop with a great table saw, don't bother cutting it yourself..... But also, don't go to a home Depot or Lowe's where they have some goofball doing sloppy cuts on a crappy saw with a dull blade.

Instead, look up a specialty hardwood place. They have great saws, and need good sharp blades for the stuff they typically cut. Also, when people are sometimes paying well over $100 a sheet to build some kind of fine furniture piece, they want precision cuts ! So that's what's expected at these places. They might charge $1.00 or $1.50 a cut, but what's $30 or $50 for a precision cut enclosure, that's ready to slap together ? SO worth it. 

Archived