Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate T215D2 spider issue

Just use that epoxy that was shown to you and apply it all the way around and use clamps and for the spots that clamps can’t reach use your fingers to hold it down firmly and apply even pressure for 10 minutes just to be safe even though the instant epoxy suppose to set in 5 minutes. I know you can’t hold down all the spots the epoxy can’t reach with your fingers but pick the 2 best spots in reference to the clamps locations so all the way around gets the best amount of circular pressure all around the subwoofer spider ring. Do you understand what I’m talking about?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Just use that epoxy that was shown to you and apply it all the way around and use clamps and for the spots that clamps can’t reach use your fingers to hold it down firmly and apply even pressure for 10 minutes just to be safe even though the instant epoxy suppose to set in 5 minutes. I know you can’t hold down all the spots the epoxy can’t reach with your fingers but pick the 2 best spots in reference to the clamps locations so all the way around gets the best amount of circular pressure all around the subwoofer spider ring. Do you understand what I’m talking about?

Edited then quoted for a bump to notify OP.

You don’t have to let it cure for that long. It only takes an hour to dry and I’d only wait 24 hours until I started bumping again. But there is a reason that spider ring shot off the basket. You might be clipping and overextending that subwoofers mechanical capabilities. Where is the gain set on your amp?

Volume wasn’t up at all, also I was using a Taramps MD3k, always kept my eyes on the clip indicator. I have two T2 15” in a box, the other one is ok, no problem with it...that song really breaks subs, under 4hz, plus I didn’t had the subsonic filter on.

These are china built woofers, and not all woofers built in china use good adhesives. 
Sundown had a issue with this for a while and it forced them to assemble all U series and higher subs in the USA for higher quality control.

Some brands will use a rubber cement type adhesive that doesnt bond the best, sometimes they dont sand the baskets for proper adhesion, sometimes the use another inferior adhesive that fails with age and gets brittle.. 

No idea what those old T2 power subs are using. 
But you said you where able to index the spiders in the exact spot where they wouldnt move due so thats why I said to glue around the outside edge and let the epoxy seep in. if you glue under like it was before chances are the thickness of the epoxy wont let you find that right spot where they need to be. 

Epoxy is strong, guaranteed stronger than whatever they used when assemble. Once you fill the gap with glue and it seeps down and around and possibly may even seep under a little Im sure youll never have another issue. with it.

But if your still worried once you give that a few hours to cure go back around with more epoxy to fill that gap even more, but you wont need it. lol

vFD9nzvjZbK2MlFlpD7H8yksnUVLomQcKTDsKmey 

Archived