Help With Remote Wiring!

i did most of my wiring today. stopped about 15 minutes ago. its 6:49 here, i started at 2:00. it was awesome. i love wiring electrical. my only probelm is that i am totally lost on how to wire my remote wire. i have it ran to the back of the cab in my truck. i need to turn on 3 amps and a cross over. the amps are 2 crunch 1500.1's, and a crunch 1400.4, the crossover is a hifonics HFXR. please help. this is my last step besides waiting for my last amp and cutting the holes in my box.

----reference's----

meade916

hmmm they only cost like 6 bucks id just buy a new one! kinda scary messing with pre messed wires sometimes :lol:

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

cant you just use the wire from the back of the h.u and just jump the wire from amp to amp to crossover?

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

yup with a fuse rated for the sum of all your accesories. IE each amp is rated at 40amps put a 120 amp fuse on that wire.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

87 to 12volt positive. 86 to headunit remote turn on wire. 85 to ground. 30 to the accessories (amps, eqs, whatever).

I just had to do this to mine since one of my amps takes too much amperage to turn on than what the headunit provides.

I would not jump from amp to amp. It's all right for some like 2 amps, but anything more than that could cause problems. With the relay inline you'll have 30/40 amps to play with instead of the .1 to .5 or whatever low number the headunit has on that wire (it's not a lot)

Edited by TechSys

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

OR hit up lowes or home depot in their electrical section they have a push lock 8 hole box. size (3/4x1/2)very small. (basically a distrabution box for 16/18gauge wire). I used them in the hummer with 10 amps, crossover, and a EQ. $4/5 bucks you will have a few left over.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

You can get power from your distro block for the relay, I never hook up more than two amps to the REM wire on the HU cause it has crap for output.

TechSys is dead on: 87 to 12volt positive. 86 to headunit remote turn on wire. 85 to ground. 30 to the accessories

You can get a standard bosch style relay at any audio shop and ask for the harness so it is easier to hook up.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint