Second Skin Audio

How is my enclosure for SPL?

10 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Would it not be louder at 4-4.2cuft? The dimension limitation is mostly for the trunk hole itself, so there is more room inside the trunk. My trunk hole is tiny bro ;(

The enclosure you designed is about 3.75 cubic feet after displacements. You didn’t factor in subwoofer of bracing displacements. It was 4 cubic feet before subwoofer and bracing displacements. 3.5-3.75 would hit hard too. If the area available is correct then 3.5-3.75 would work better because if an enclosure is too big for an area then it won’t resonate properly. Sometimes even if it has enough port breathing room. You have to factor in how the cabin it’s going into is gonna resonate. There’s more than just throwing some numbers on a program. Sub box pro isn’t that good either. It’s flawed. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

5 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

I have 45in of depth, so it could be 35in+

If you have me the wrong measurements and had me doing designs with the wrong measurements then that’s messed up. I’m going to bed anyways. I taught you a little something. You should be good on designing an enclosure for that subwoofer now. Peace out dude. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

29 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

If you have me the wrong measurements and had me doing designs with the wrong measurements then that’s messed up. I’m going to bed anyways. I taught you a little something. You should be good on designing an enclosure for that subwoofer now. Peace out dude. 

The box you designed looks great. Only thing i would do differently is put the port on the left/driver side. Because BOOM BOOM  i like it there :D 

Awesome of you to take the time designing this for him. Looks like i need to do some reading on port velocity as i dont understand it. But my brain is in shut down mode right now LOL

Enjoy your sleep bro.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Archived