Sundown Audio

Sound digital power 3300.1 vs deafbounce aak 2000.1

Jeremy009

Hey guys, hope all is well. I got a quick question, a local dealer selling those 2 amps at the same price new. I know this might boil down to a korean vs brazillian post but wait. I got a single dd 12"tuned to 35hz. The system is a daily "musical" set up. I will NOT be competing, and its not geared towards spl nor sq, more in the middle.
I know the sound digital is a couple hundred rms more than the deafbounce but i plan to set the gain with a dmm around 2400rms which is what the deafbounce does also.
My electrical is a single run of sundown ofc 0gauge, a 140amp alt, big3 and 1 40ah yinglong bank in the back. My mids amp is about 1000rms.
Im more about durability and i do NOT drive my system hard,want to get the tones just right. Which amp is more practical to buy for my application?

Which DD?

After impedance rise you never get what the amp is rated for, and depending on which DD, you may want that extra power..

But Korean boards are normally preferred... And if you don't need that extra power I'd go Deaf bonce for sure... Still extra head room is never a bad thing. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

I'd go with the SounDigital over the SFB amp... More power, neither can be wired lower than 1 ohm... The Deaf bonce and SFB are not even in the same league. Out of those 2 I'd take the DB. Better built Korean board. More power. The SFB line are full range full bridge amps.

I have used the SFB1K, SFB2K, and SFB3K.

Still have the 3K and have a SounDigital 5K.

Also... These VS threads are not allowed on this forum... So this one will likely be deleted. Just a heads up.

IMG_20200923_141911854.jpg

If either way, regardless of which sub you use, it will be wired to 1 ohm,  And if the sub you use wants more than 1500watts, id go with the 3K... More power....

Id also look online at prices for the soundigital amps, especially from the site buybrazil10, i dont know what the guy at your local shop is charging, but if you are willing to order it, getting it from brazil is cheaper a lot of times and the guy has good service. I had the amp in my hands exactly 7 days after ordering and got the 5K for $449, but i did order when they had 10% off too, it was still only 499 without the sale though. 

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Even after impedance rise and voltage drop, that soundigital evo would be too much for that subwoofer.

Too much for which sub?

Properly set, Id personally have no fear with the DD712 ... I put the SFB2K on 2 of the DD 200 series 10s just to try it out and they took it like a champ. They played full tilt with the SFB1K for a couple weeks with no issues.... The 700 series are much more robust. 

Could always turn the gain down a bit. But cant always turn it up without clipping. In the last few months i have come to the conclusion its always better to get the bigger amp up front.

Archived