Sonic Electronix

Clamshell 'blueprints' For New Setup

EDIT: i decided to go with 32 E8's if i can fit them in my little space. trying to get a wall/clamshell behind my back seats. at first it wasnt going to work...but the seats slant back, so i can make it slightly longer since the bottom part of the clam shell wont interfere with the seats. now i have more space to tune with cuz i can now make it longer to get it around 34 hz. my design is a little weird cuz of the space i have to work, and the way i had to fit the last 2 subs in (tho i think it might be alright)

Edited by ExpoSport

the basic dimensions of the side. not 100% dimensions...but 98% sure. gotta make actual measurements of the bottom space i have tomorrow (going to have to take my box/subs/batteries out :()

clamshellsideview.jpg

clamshell.jpg

that is what the front view of the clamshell will have to look like. fitment of the subs and all will fit i'm pretty sure. i have a couple inches to spare on the sides if i need to shift the rows to even out on 24" on the baffle. the thing i'm more curious about are the 2 subs on each side of the port. i'd think they'd be ok...but i've never made a clamshell box before so i'm not 100% on that, but that's the only way i could get the last 2 subs in, keep port area close (11sq inches per cube instead of 12...i think it'll be ok), tuning (34.4 hz) and keep cubic feet requirements in check (16 cubes)

thoughts? would it be ok? or no? if this plan wont work out...i'll probably have to keep the subs i have now. so hopefully it'll be ok

EDIT: damn...when i was doing tuning, i didnt have the right cubic feet for the box cuz of other experimentation. but...i could run the port up the sides like this, right? and extend it a little. 7" deep, then another 7" up and down the back of the box?

clamshellport.jpg

with 16 cubes...that should tune it to 33.7hz

Edited by ExpoSport

You are, without a doubt, completely insane. :D :D :D :D

Need To Contact Me? Use E-Mail or MSN

*+Penguin4x4 stabs FF layout cars with a rusty spoon

<~Ploaf> we're going to strap you down, drown you in holy water and smack the crap out of you with a bible until the demon leaves

we did not discuss this :P

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

You are, without a doubt, completely insane. :D :D :D :D

thanks! :D lol

How close would the magnets of the extreme top and bottoms subs be to the box?

that's something i will have to look into tomorrow. i can alter it slightly to fit them in once i get a good visual. they're only like...4" mounting depth. but with such an acute degree of an incline...i will definitely have to check into it. tomorrow i'll be able to

we did not discuss this :P

hahahah kinda spur of the moment thing. since...a night or two ago :)

i might have mis read this but it sounded like you said "11 square inches should be ok".

11 sq inches of poert per cubic foot i meant* sry lol. i edited it a lil more clear. :P but...with me having to extend the port anyway up and down the back wall of the box, i can go back to 12 sq inches of port per foot. so...at 7" high, 24" wide, and about 14" deep @ 16 cubes should put me at around 33.77hz. just a lil bigger and i'll be tuned around 35. without sacrificing too much airspace to tune lower

that's sick goodluck on that build

thanks...if it's a go i'm gonna be damn excited :)

Edited by ExpoSport