Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yea but I even tried to disconnect it. This is driving me nuts. According to mechman it was the belt because I needed a slightly smaller one but that’s not working. I disconnect the battery so I’m assuming the alternator is fine because it didn’t stop running. Also I had my capacitor connected just to watch the voltage. And it goes up and down from 13-15 constantly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How is it grounded? A member was in here with a Silverado, but having the same problems. He got better grounds and isn't having voltage or light flickering problems anymore. I know you hooked it up the same way you disconnected it, but it is considerably more amperage. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

How is it grounded? A member was in here with a Silverado, but having the same problems. He got better grounds and isn't having voltage or light flickering problems anymore. I know you hooked it up the same way you disconnected it, but it is considerably more amperage. 

Hey brother, so yeah I was having a similar issue. Im not to familiar with Ford trucks but my issue was my ground as @Dafaseles mentioned. Both of our trucks come with a RVC sensor that pretty much monitors the grounds on the vehicle. However, im not too sure if your Ford has that but if it does and its a system where your new ground cables have to run through, then heres is what i did. 1/0 gauge cables all around btw. Put your new ground on the battery, then pull it through that sensor (if your truck has it) and run it all the way to the alternator casing. Mechman has a spot on its case where you put the grounds. After that, run another 1/0 power wire from the charging post on the alt to the positive on your battery. See if that does the trick. Now i would like to mention, my trucks flickering didnt go away completely but it stopped doing every 2 seconds and now its like every 10min or so. I left my truck running all day just to see if there is going to be a big issue and it seems like it runs fine. So im guessing its normal on these new trucks. As far as voltage, its not jumping around like before. Once i start the truck, it will be around 15 volts and it will dip to around 13.5 volts which is stable there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zori.L83 said:

Hey brother, so yeah I was having a similar issue. Im not to familiar with Ford trucks but my issue was my ground as @Dafaseles mentioned. Both of our trucks come with a RVC sensor that pretty much monitors the grounds on the vehicle. However, im not too sure if your Ford has that but if it does and its a system where your new ground cables have to run through, then heres is what i did. 1/0 gauge cables all around btw. Put your new ground on the battery, then pull it through that sensor (if your truck has it) and run it all the way to the alternator casing. Mechman has a spot on its case where you put the grounds. After that, run another 1/0 power wire from the charging post on the alt to the positive on your battery. See if that does the trick. Now i would like to mention, my trucks flickering didnt go away completely but it stopped doing every 2 seconds and now its like every 10min or so. I left my truck running all day just to see if there is going to be a big issue and it seems like it runs fine. So im guessing its normal on these new trucks. As far as voltage, its not jumping around like before. Once i start the truck, it will be around 15 volts and it will dip to around 13.5 volts which is stable there. 

Thanks for the info. My truck has this Ring sensor crap that’s on the negative wire by the battery if that’s the same thing you are talking about then I’ll try it and let you know. I appreciate the help. My voltage is jumping from 13-14.2 constantly and I get a winding noise when accelerating. I’ll let you know the outcome 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jimbo1227 said:

Thanks for the info. My truck has this Ring sensor crap that’s on the negative wire by the battery if that’s the same thing you are talking about then I’ll try it and let you know. I appreciate the help. My voltage is jumping from 13-14.2 constantly and I get a winding noise when accelerating. I’ll let you know the outcome 

Yup that ring is an absolute PITA, please lmk. i want to help as much as i can

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 313 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...