Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
10 hours ago, Wifebtr said:

Car Audio 83, amazing work!

 

Thank you for posting. Your english is good and I appreciate you sharing your progress with us.

 

Thanks dear !

As soon as I'm back from hollidays I'll send all the other pictures from the build.

 

And in a month or two, I'll start the next build topic (leak : 24 x 15" 🙊🤫)

Posted

Next part, front baffle with quad layer (72mm total), then I made the port and the bracing (Side to port with M20 shaft, Front to back with M24 shaft, inside port with 2 x 30mm diameter Inox bars I made ( M16 screw through the port boards).

94399944_971075943290314_5768331160895619072_n.jpg94078299_286343959240931_2108967682664562688_n.thumb.jpg.4727290309384fe01cb5dc1250ba115e.jpg

94436057_1340864179447214_1901492862160207872_n.jpg.6970d1a643aa7cc55a1978a265c37eb1.jpg95669173_327041794935236_3144195482654343168_n.jpg

95335872_914253422350761_3510289677397524480_n.jpg

95022689_548506585855922_3291260157916348416_n.jpg

Posted

I ended with the small wood boards to seal the wall on the sides, with another board on the bottom to seal also.

I added a....can't remember how you tell that in english.... that kind of wood piece to make the port longer on the outside, in order to reduce turbulences between subs and port exit.

 

I also woodened the floor at the same time, idk if I already mentioned it.

95510491_231173078191193_715591059601620992_n.jpg

95919335_296016848085930_1964192980885569536_n.jpg

95381129_694072934728738_1523286223987146752_n.jpg

96795100_3214710765419837_6346244226325413888_n.jpg

97415036_3386504341369470_6132644670787813376_n.jpg

93852206_604914687037147_1053909760971112448_n.jpg

Posted

Some layers of fiber glass later (to reinforce the seal on the side, and on the OEM metal parts betweet the top and the doors of the car), and after some painting, the first iteration of the box is ready.

96899792_238858644009230_1411284880045637632_n.thumb.jpg.5683f28bd020f0127be4fd48f991726a.jpg103959449_286041409211612_9104170718805913867_n.thumb.jpg.4125a1aca4ad3968d0a6ca4e5e34c6f7.jpg

Posted

Time to move back, amps have showed up, they are.... far beyond what I expected 🤓

 

Not many people have done 1 amp per coil in a demo car in France, idk what people are afraid of, what's your opinion about that guys ?

104409417_268963957875342_8432678071201918260_n.jpg

Posted
3 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Thing already looks loud! 

 

Thanks :D

It is stupidely loud lol, I'll post the amp rack and first tests results tonight (currently 8 AM here). :)

Posted

Congrats !
Nice huge build.

I feel like there are too many tweeters in the doors, but if it's what you like, go for it.

 

C'est rare de voir un français ici, avec une telle install en plus ! Bravo mec !

Vraiment impressionnant, ça doit dégager les narines, les oreilles, et tout le reste !

 

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted
15 hours ago, notorious97200 said:

Congrats !
Nice huge build.

I feel like there are too many tweeters in the doors, but if it's what you like, go for it.

 

C'est rare de voir un français ici, avec une telle install en plus ! Bravo mec !

Vraiment impressionnant, ça doit dégager les narines, les oreilles, et tout le reste !

 

 

Yeah, 2 tweeters could have been enough, but I had a small space to ad a thrid one so...

 

ça dégage la porte passager aussi qui est déjà fissurée 🤓 et le pare brise on en parle même pas, sans la barre de renfort il s'en va tout de suite !

Posted

Here's the trunk, and the design I wanted for the amp + misc rack.

 

I wanted all the amps for the subs (8 amps) looking great, so I went for 2 racks of 4 amps.

I would have loved to add a third rack for the 2 amps for the mids, but I didn't have enought space so I put those 2 amps on the side, near the wheels.

 

Last, I put a kind of table at the very back of the trunk, to add an amp for tweeters, my DSP and my charger.

 

By the way, under everything I put my lithium

Vulcans.jpg

Vulcans_2.jpg

97415036_3386504341369470_6132644670787813376_n.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3027 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...